By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (PSP-2) Is Real, No UMD Drive

Man said:
N.Genckel said:
"I've been pounding on Sony for a long time to make the Playstation Portable relevant and not to let Apple stroll away with the portable game market,"

errrr ... what?

hehe i was like WTF? too.

I thought the DS was the one strolling away with the handheld market...

Nintendo can't beat Sony. Impossible. Only a wheel company, like Apple. That's all about quality. And innovation.

Around the Network

if this rumor is true that will kill the PSP, seriously consumers are already confused by the 2000 and now 3000 models (from my anecdotal evidence at the store I work at in the Midwest) why make one that many people can't use? this sounds like bunk.

i doubt it. Its way to early for DD. Not everyone has Broadband so this would limit its potential

Long Live SHIO!

Things wrong with this article

"The a UMD-free Playstation Portable 2"

It is not from a Sony source, and the release date was purely his speculation. Of course Sony is working on a PSP2, work started before the release of the PSP1.

He thinks Apple is leading the handheld gaming market.

Misuse of the phrase 'begs the question'

The conclusion that the lack of a UMD drive means the lack of retail games. There is a large list of handhelds that haven't had UMD and yet still had retail games.

He lost all credibility with the comment about Apple strolling away with the handheld market.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

Around the Network

great no more piracy

Well it'll definitely have a touch screen. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

May be Sony should use fast loading cartridges in their next system and have PS2 level graphics so that it is cheap, fast loading, and has a long battery life. Basically a Super game boy advance

Must resist urge... to make comment about... PS3 and no Blu-Ray...

FAIL!

lol so its apples fault that developers ignore games when they are pitched to them??

lol wow
maybe its because the psp is not a good system.
and if you are going to blame a company should it be Nintendo seeing how the DS is HUGE!!!!!?

hello how are you.