By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (PSP-2) Is Real, No UMD Drive

"I've been pounding on Sony for a long time to make the Playstation Portable relevant and not to let Apple stroll away with the portable game market,"

errrr ... what?

Around the Network

My only concern is that Sony will be juggling too many systems simultaneously in a fashion similar to Sega circa 1992-96

I wonder, will it use a wireless network connection for it's downloads or will it need to be connected locally via wi-fi to a standard connection...

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Make it touch screen and I am buying it.

Im going to buy it because its going to be shiny and made by sony...

Around the Network

i will get the psp2 if they have games on memory sticks besides digital download, both as a option. if its mainly digital download, i wont buy it. i want physical disks or memory sticks.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

After all the new announcements, I really don't think a PSP2 will come soon.

Interesting news, but revealed way too early in my opinion (if true).

Sony is certainly happy that Dave Perry is such a silent, modest guy.

"I've been pounding on Sony for a long time to make the Playstation Portable relevant (!) and not to let Apple (!) stroll away with the portable game market". Yes, of course. The saviour has spoken. Enter the Matrix, Dave.

I imagine this is the psp4000.

I'm sure Digital Distribution will help with piracy and restore confidence so that devs feel more comfortable jumping on board. I'm not sure that less piracy will have any effect on software sales but the fact that they are getting good big name franchises will.

I would not be surprised if both the DS and PSP never see a true successor so much as incremental upgrades.

If this is true, then the PSP seems to only have a 5 year plan..

Pixel Art can be fun.