By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Namco-Bandai working on many new Tales games?

According to the article, Namco-Bandai has trademarked various names for use with the Tales franchise. There's already Tales of Floweria, Gracia and Unitia, but three new ones have appeared recently, Blessia, Startear and Floria. Now, the last three are apparently going to be used with video games (or they were trademarked for use with video games), and Floria and Floweria sound very similar and may be the same.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/02/25/how-many-tales-games-is-namco-bandai-working-on/

Around the Network

They usually trademark three names, and then pick one for the game, so those six trademarks will likely be for two new games.

How many more Tales games are there gonna be?

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Maybe they'll start doing cash-ins like Square-Enix. Tales of Tower Defense, coming soon?

Floweria really sounds baaaaaaad

Around the Network

Gracia and Floria are the only two that I like. The others are pretty lame...

They all sound pretty bad to me.

oh great, now bring me ridge racer wii GOD DAMMIT!

badgenome said:
Maybe they'll start doing cash-ins like Square-Enix. Tales of Tower Defense, coming soon?

Tales games already are cash-ins essentially. 

They're pumping out every RPG they can using the same battle system framework and slapping "Tales of" on the box title.

Words Of Wisdom said:
badgenome said:

Tales games already are cash-ins essentially. 

They're pumping out every RPG they can using the same battle system framework and slapping "Tales of" on the box title.

As long as it remains cliched, their cash-ins are fine with me.

Keep it simple. Tales is like Final Fanatasy -- it's good because of quanity and variety, not quality.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!