By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Hates Lesbians

That's really weird. Especially since in Mid 2008 there was a news article (and a thread on vgchartz discussing it) where the Gay and Lesbian community applauded Microsoft for providing a great work enviroment regardless of sexual preference. I'll see if I can dig up the article.

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Around the Network

@Baggins:

I think you had to open a whole new thread to discuss whether Xbox Live is the right place to talk about sexual preferences or not, but the point is that this girl got discriminated because of her sexual orientation. This is not acceptable in my opinion. Really simple.

TruckOSaurus said:
blazinhead89 said:
If I put that I was heterosexual in my profile, Would M$ ban me too?

That would be interesting to test out. Of course, we'd need someone willing to risk his XBox Live account being suspended. Any volunteers?

If I had a 360 I would because I'm 100% certain I wouldn't get suspended for it.

Baggins said:
Rath said:
Baggins said:
Please cut this shit out.

Posting of crap like this I mean, we all know why ms bans that sort of thing and it's been discussed at length on numerous occassions before.

There's dimwits who think that censoring of any kind is against all that we stand for.

There are dimwits who think that censoring should be placed everywhere.

Then there's the sensible bunch in the middle, who ms are deciding to toe this sensible business line.

I haven't even clicked the link because I can guess it's related to gamer tags with dodgy words in being banned? Well, why the hell do you think their banned. Honestly you lot, you have a go at crappy media, then you fuel the fire yourselves.

This stupid argument doesn't have a leg to stand on. Xbox live is a community GAMING service, not a place for us all to demonstrate how homosexual, black, african or white we are or all the rest of them.

You know the drill don't play the tool.

Firstly 'lesbian' is not a dodgy word. Its even less dodgy than gay or homosexnual, neither of which are dodgy words.

Secondly it was in her profile, not in her gamertag.

Thirdly, maybe she is proud of her sexuality? Why the heck not?

I can understand many things being banned, however banning even the mentioning of sexuality is just over the top.

Why would anyone put their sexuality on their Xbox Live profile?

Why? Proud?!!! What's to be proud of, we're all interested in something. Should I be proud for having 2 eyes a nose and a mouth? lol

What about if I'm into beastiality which is legal in a couple of 3rd world countries?

Swinging?

Homosexual group orgies?

Where do you draw the line?

At least come up with a decent argument as to why this woman is in the right. . Xbox Live is a gaming service...

I'm sure the woman has heard of FACEBOOK! A well known social networking site

Not a dating agency.

Sex should not be a part of Xbox Live - common sense!

XBox Live is not only a "Gaming Service". It is a multimedia service and a social network according to Microsoft.If not then why add social network features in updates?

Way to go taking the Social aspect away for certain individuals.

People meet over the internet everyday, LIVE is no exception just because you say so.

Your list of "swinging" and such is useless man.

Homosexuality is a sexual orientation. It isn't done for shits and giggles, woman fall in love with other woman everyday. Learn to get used to it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Wow, this is quite sad.

It's even sadder some people here (fortunately not many) defend Microsoft on this one, and even calling gay sexuality sick and perverted. Time for a permaban, mister Baggins?

(Mod Edit) - In regards to the red part which I've crossed out: After reviewing this thread I cannot find anywhere that Baggins said this.  There were things said that were inflammatory but that doesn't give you the right to modify or invent other things and claim that they were what was actually said.  In the future please quote the individual so that there is a precise record of the comment for reference in your post.  -Sqrl

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
There was absolutely nothing wrong with what this girl did and honestly MS are very wrong for treating her this way.

Why should she have to pretend she is something she is not? Like already said, this was in her profile, you know the thing that is supposed to be "About You"?

She did just that, gave some info about herself and she was punished for it.

I can guarantee you if someone profile says "Straight" MS would do nothing.

Now really, is that fair?

This girl isn't the problem here, the problem is the whiny little homophobes who hold themselves on some sort of pedestal.

Way too miss the point entirely.

The problem with your post is you are hypothetically assuming we live in a utopian society where the ideals of life always prevail over the reality we live in. Nobody would do anything because straight is the "default". Most people are straight, there are still some people who are offended by homosexuality - like it or not. Microsoft don't want to create a shit storm from one in a tea cup. So it's common sense that we should all play happily along and not mention such person topics in a gaming profile.

You guys are unbelieveable. This isn't even about values\morals\respect\fairness, why play that old card?

Chrizum said:
Wow, this is quite sad.

It's even sadder some people here (fortunately not many) defend Microsoft on this one, and even calling gay sexuality sick and perverted. Time for a permaban, mister Baggins?

How dare you say that?

I have called nobody based on their sexual orientation "sick or perverted". Christ, I'm calling this woman perverted and an idiot which I'm free to do, she isn't a member of this site to my knowledge and her behaviour kicking up a fuss to media outlets about what happened to her is sick and she must have a twisted perverted mind to even bother.

But hey, let's all jump on the we hate ms bandwagon.

@ Chrizum )

according to the profile "Baggins" is female, [sarcasm] I wonder if she did that to get attention [/sarcasm]

Chrizum said:
Wow, this is quite sad.

Bump.... i second that motion :P

Lafiel said:
@ Chrizum )

according to the profile "Baggins" is female, [sarcasm] I wonder if she did that to get attention [/sarcasm]

I am female, at least I think I am. Surely that is enough in our modern society. You all seem to agree. I don't think it would be a good idea to tell you all what I'm into. I think I have gone overboard with this so I'll withdraw from battle, but the bottom line is.

Why would she be singled out? Are there people here who think that this is a deliberate act to silence homosexuals by microsoft? (big lol)