By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Hapimeses this is a great tread

to bad psp and wii has no titles

Around the Network

Hello again. Thanks all to those who've dropped in and commented on the thread so far. It's already shaping up to be an interesting year, huh?

Before I begin, I'm going to add an update to how the OP will record scores. Due to the high number of DS and Wii games that manage to initially score 85-88, only to have them fall off the chart after more reviews come in, I'm no longer going to list a game until it has secured at least 10 reviews on Metacritic. Primarily, this mean that I will have to prepare less graphics for the OP; I like this as it's getting annoying creating a graphic to fit the tables, only to have to remove it the very next week as the game falls of the OP). If you think this is a bad idea, drop a comment explaining why into the thread.

Anyway, here are the updates for the 26th March:

• Due to the new method of recording scores, the following games are no longer listed on the OP: Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box on Xbox 360 (only has 6 reviews), Burnout Paradise: the Ultimate Box on PS3 (only has 8 reviews), Pro Evolution Soccer on Wii (only has 4 reviews), Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment (only has 5 reviews)
  • MLB 09: The Show on PS3 slips back to 89 from 90

That's the updates, meaning the chart now stands at:

1. PS3 with 5 titles (3 exclusive)
  2. 360 with 4 titles (1 exclusive)
  3. PC with 3 titles (2 exclusive)
  4. NDS with 2 titles (2 exclusive)
  5. Wii and PSP with 0 titles

how stupid, Madworld and PES 2009 for Wii have 8.4 : P

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
how stupid, Madworld and PES 2009 for Wii have 8.4 : P

PES 09 on the Wii has a Metascore of 88 (at the time of writing) but it only has 4 reviews, which is why it isn't included in the OP. The explanation for this can be found in my last post.

EDIT: Nevermind, just noticed my question has been answered already.

Around the Network

I just got The Ultimate Box, although it was for PS3, not PC.

It's not really fair to count Ultimate Box for PC only.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I think you are little bit early in to the thread.. Well we have more than 8 months remaining to settle the issue.. I am just beginning to enjoy the games released in this year.. I own Killzone 2 and Dawn of War 2 already and I love them. I am planning to add some more collections too

Sorry for the lack of update last week folks; I was at a wedding near Tumbridge Wells in England, and it was awesome. I'll be doing the next update tomorrow.

As for why the PS3 and 360 Ultimate Boxed sets are not listed: they hadn't scored at least 10 reviews on Metacritic at the time the OP was last updated. When they secure 10+ reviews, they will be listed (assuming they score 85+). If you have questions on this, feel free to ask.

And, as already covered earlier, I don't think it's too early for this topic. Indeed, the whole point of the OP is to provide a frequently updated information source for people to see how the year is shaping up for each major platform, so I fail to understand how any could claim it is too early to post this thread. It has to be posted early, by necessity.

Nice list and brilliant idea. keep up the good work, PS3 has the edge now but we'll see at the end of year who will be triumph.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/proevolutionsoccer2009
Its at 86% and it has 14 reviews.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."