By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

MLB09: The Show jumped back to 90 on metacritic, why can't people just decide?!

Around the Network

I understand that you only count games with 10+ reviews now, but I think that if one version of a game has 29 reviews, and the other two have 6 and 9, it's not really fair to only count the PC version of Burnout Paradise. It's still on the other consoles, is the same game, and has almost the same Metascore.

I suppose it's only temporary (probably)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The 2008 list has now been posted in the 2nd post (front page). There are formatting issues, but I'll sort them at a later date. I'll keep the list up-to-date as Metascores modify (if they do) and as previous exclusives become multi-platform.

Hapimeses said:
The 2008 list has now been posted in the 2nd post (front page). There are formatting issues, but I'll sort them at a later date. I'll keep the list up-to-date as Metascores modify (if they do) and as previous exclusives become multi-platform.

Awesome update, and I'm happy that the PS3 won last year!

It's a pretty slow this week. Here's the update for 16th of April:

• MLB 09: The Show rises to 90 again from 89. Will it secure the elusive 90+ score this time? Or will it slip again?
  • Guitar Hero: Metallica on the PS3 increases from 89 to 90, demonstrating how silly a reliance on 90+, supposed 'AAA' titles is.
  • Guitar Hero: Metallica on the Wii increases from 87 to 88, and looks to be safe on the chart.
  • Peggle: Dual Shot slips from 87 to 86.

This leaves the chart looking like this:

1. PS3 with 6 titles (3 exclusive)
  2. 360 with 5 titles (1 exclusive)
  3. NDS with 4 titles (4 exclusive)
  4. PC with 3 titles (2 exclusive)
  5. Wii with 2 titles (0 exclusive)
  6. PSP with 0 titles

Finally, these are the titles with less than 10 reviews that may soon be hitting the chart:

• Braid -- PC -- 88 -- 4 reviews
  • Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- 360 -- 87 -- 7 reviews
  • Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- PS3 -- 89 -- 9 reviews

Also, in case you missed it, the second post of the thread has been updated with the complete chart from last year as well.

Around the Network

I think it's a little unfair to lump in 360-PC games as multiplats, but they're not exclusives, either. Perhaps a console exclusive section?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I wonder what Rock Band: Unplugged is going to score...
Hopefully it will put the PSP on the map.

What about PS2 games for last year? I think Persona 4 and Persona 3 FES are both 85+.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Kantor said:
I think it's a little unfair to lump in 360-PC games as multiplats, but they're not exclusives, either. Perhaps a console exclusive section?

I don't see anything particularly unfair with this. The PC is a different platform to 360, just as it's a different platform to Wii (for World of Goo, for example). However, if people can build a decent argument, I'm open to being convinced. Equally, if anyone is dead against this, feel free to post.

As it stands, I see no reason to complicate things further than necessary.

Son1x said:
What about PS2 games for last year? I think Persona 4 and Persona 3 FES are both 85+.

Yuppers, they are. I chose to stick with this gen for the list, much as the OP does. However, again, if people feel strongly one way or the other, I'm happy to be convinced that I'm wrong to do this (or I should stick with what I have).