By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - KILLZONE 2 : the best clan support feature ive seen in a console FPS

makingmusic476 said:
soulsamurai said:
Add some valor points in there user created tournaments and you got yourself some massive clan goodness.

You don't know about the betting system?

Basically, every clan starts off with 1000 points.  They then bet those points in matches with other clans. The better your clan is, the more points you'll rack up, and eventually it'll only be worth it for you to take on other big clans for lots of points, creating a pseudo-matchmaking system of sorts.  The better clans won't prey on the weak, because it won't be worth it.

Matches that involve 1,000,000+ point bets will be featured on Killzone.com's front page.

lol i knew about the betting system i was pretty much saying "throw the fact in".   I was trying to make some good news even better and showing some more reasons why clan support is so good.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network

i like this game more and more everyday after i said im not gonna buy this

soulsamurai said:
makingmusic476 said:
soulsamurai said:
Add some valor points in there user created tournaments and you got yourself some massive clan goodness.

Basically, every clan starts off with 1000 points.  They then bet those points in matches with other clans. The better your clan is, the more points you'll rack up, and eventually it'll only be worth it for you to take on other big clans for lots of points, creating a pseudo-matchmaking system of sorts.  The better clans won't prey on the weak, because it won't be worth it.

Matches that involve 1,000,000+ point bets will be featured on Killzone.com's front page.

lol i knew about the betting system i was pretty much saying "throw the fact in".   I was trying to make some good news even better and showing some more reasons why clan support is so good.

Ah.

lol

yeah, Halo 3 has the whole replay movie thing.  You can cut clips and shoot from different angles and all that.  They also have a very similar feature to what you are showing here on Killzone when you go to bungie.net.  There you can pull up what they call "heat maps" that show you all sort of different information.  they will have a heat map for each of the maps in multiplayer, and then you can pull up data on those maps.  For example, if you wanted to look at where you do most of your killing, you can pull up kills and the map will light up where you do most of you killing, with different colors meaning more kills and what not.  If you want to look up where you die most or the normal paths you take, all that is available to look at on bungie.net.  Killzone 2's replay has some unique aspects to it, but it's not exactly new.

t gergroy said:

yeah, Halo 3 has the whole replay movie thing.  You can cut clips and shoot from different angles and all that.  They also have a very similar feature to what you are showing here on Killzone when you go to bungie.net.  There you can pull up what they call "heat maps" that show you all sort of different information.  they will have a heat map for each of the maps in multiplayer, and then you can pull up data on those maps.  For example, if you wanted to look at where you do most of your killing, you can pull up kills and the map will light up where you do most of you killing, with different colors meaning more kills and what not.  If you want to look up where you die most or the normal paths you take, all that is available to look at on bungie.net.  Killzone 2's replay has some unique aspects to it, but it's not exactly new.

great first post man, welcome to vg chartz. I want that "most killing" area implemented.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network

I think halo did this with the theatre mode. I Hope halo ODST reintroduces clan support. Halo 2 back in the day was amazing. With all the features in these games now Halo ODST could really use Clan support. But way to go KZ2. Im glad some games still support clans

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

makingmusic476 said:
soulsamurai said:

thats also unique ive never heard that type of support in a console fps before.

seems as if the meat of the game is in multiplayer, which im itching to try out.

im still scratching my head on why some reviews have said it doesnt do anything new.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

KZ2 baby! This game is gonna be awesome! and great clan features = is like adding sweet n sour sauce to wendy's chicken nuggets.

This just adds to my antisipation. Other than Warhawk, I have never really done anything with online games. Halo 2/3, COD4, Forza 2, GT5:P, GeoW 1/2, I have every one of these games sitting on my shelf, but have never had any urge to take them online. For some reason I am almost more exited about playing multiplayer in Killzone 2 than the single player. To me there is just something about the universe, and gameplay of Killzone that draws me in. Its probably the attention to detail, and realism that GG strives for.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
This just adds to my antisipation. Other than Warhawk, I have never really done anything with online games. Halo 2/3, COD4, Forza 2, GT5:P, GeoW 1/2, I have every one of these games sitting on my shelf, but have never had any urge to take them online. For some reason I am almost more exited about playing multiplayer in Killzone 2 than the single player. To me there is just something about the universe, and gameplay of Killzone that draws me in. Its probably the attention to detail, and realism that GG strives for.

im looking forward to multiplayer more than single player.

i really do hope for game rooms in HOME for killzone, i just google translated a dutch site they said killzone has home features dunno what that is though.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...