By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - KILLZONE 2 : the best clan support feature ive seen in a console FPS

Video of Killzone 2 Battle Replay

www.gamezine.com

Gamezine: Watch a video of the newly revealed Killzone 2 battle replays.

It's not far away from the release of Killzone 2 and with it comes the relaunch of Killzone.com

The website includes a newly announced multiplayer feature: Battle replays are created for any and every multiplayer match that consists of at least two players who have completed one round.

These recordings, which will display how each game unfolds, will be stored on the Killzone site for two weeks. Hopefully they'll help clans detail their successes and failures to make sure they're next battle doesn't include the same mistakes.

The battle replays are recorded from a strategic birds-eye-view perspective, giving you the best view to dissect your team's movements. Here's a video of the feature in action.

--------------------------------------

basically what this feature is, for clans and teams...........a blueprint of your performance is recorded and uploaded straight to killzone.com. where you are able to play back your teams performance and check what needs improving etc etc.

the video of your performance is a kind of cut down top-view battle that shows your movements and placements.

very neat idea, its the 1st ive ever heard of a console game doing this, funny thing is fanboy reviews always moan that killzone doesnt do anything new, does any other console shooter bring this feature? or even a feature in multiplayer that lets you temporarily steal someones on screen name after you have killed him, to use against his own team when you are using a certain class. how cool is that.

cant wait for friday.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

This is needed for Cod4: MW2...

OT:
Killzone2 keeps on impressing me day after day Friday cant get here quick enough

Did Halo 3, already has similar feature, anyway I'm not really a team person, i go gun blazing, It seems i will be on tight leash.

Carl2291 said:

OT:
Killzone2 keeps on impressing me day after day Friday cant get here quick enough

what gets me is fanboy driven reviews are claiming killzone doesnt do anything new.

when i get the game i will make a list of everythng killzone has that other shooters dont, based on what console fps ive played. and then post it on here.

i mean thats just a totally unique feature to have in a console fps

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

Nope, it's different, it's like bunch of dots, on the screen. It's more about information.

Around the Network
kutasek said:
Did Halo 3, already has similar feature, anyway I'm not really a team person, i go gun blazing, It seems i will be on tight leash.

ye halo 3 has something similar, but i cant wait to try this out.

whats the halo 3 one like, is it the normal replay save or like the killzone information save data replay?

Skeeuk said:
Carl2291 said:

OT:

what gets me is fanboy driven reviews are claiming killzone doesnt do anything new.

when i get the game i will make a list of everythng killzone has that other shooters dont, based on what console fps ive played. and then post it on here.

i mean thats just a totally unique feature to have in a console fps

Yep, i mean, they complain, it plays differently, than cod 4, and at the same time they complain, that it's not doing anything new.

Skeeuk said:
kutasek said:

ye halo 3 has something similar, but i cant wait to try this out.

whats the halo 3 one like, is it the normal replay save or like the killzone information save data replay?

It's more replay, thing, rewind, change angles, it's all about finding funny moments. Killzone 2 seem have more competitive type replay.

Add some valor points in there user created tournaments and you got yourself some massive clan goodness.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

soulsamurai said:
Add some valor points in there user created tournaments and you got yourself some massive clan goodness.

You don't know about the betting system?

Basically, every clan starts off with 1000 points.  They then bet those points in matches with other clans. The better your clan is, the more points you'll rack up, and eventually it'll only be worth it for you to take on other big clans for lots of points, creating a pseudo-matchmaking system of sorts.  The better clans won't prey on the weak, because it won't be worth it.

Matches that involve 1,000,000+ point bets will be featured on Killzone.com's front page.