By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - October EGM Scores (HS & Warhawk)

Before anyone says the 7 is due to price...

Positioning Warhawk's pricing is important for Sony, but the ripple effect has sparked debate within the 1UP Network. Sony won't tell us the pricing plans are, and as a result, EGM reviewers have been forced to include caveats in their write ups. Lead reviewer (and former OPM editor) Joe Rybicki actually placed a note in his review to EGM Reviews Editor Greg Ford that his score should be dropped a whole point if the price was announced above $30, and the other reviewers have expressed concern over how they should judge the game.

"What I don't understand is why Sony can't give us a price when it seems like internally they have one ready. The game is done, our reviewers have been playing it, and each one has asked about the price, which we certainly take into consideration in our reviews," says Ford. "Because of the lead time for a print publication, we're forced to go to print with a caveat in our review addressing this issue. Not ideal, and it seems unnecessary. It's too bad because otherwise, the company has been great getting us the review code, setting up multiplayer play sessions, and providing assets to go along with the review...just no price, which for some consumers is what matters most."

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161677

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Dude are you serious? If its true heavenly sword is a pretty good game. IGN gave kingdomhearts 2 a 7.6

mM

I think price should definitely matter.

These reviews are for us, the consumer...they're basically made to tell us what the pros and cons of the game are, and whether or not it's worth buying. A decent game that costs $100 is a definite no-sale, and should be mentioned in the review...just like a game that should cost $30 such as Warhawk or Geometry Wars: Galaxies ends up costing $50+, it should at least be mentioned, if not factored into the number system.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Diomedes1976 said:
EGM rumours are nearly always BS .

The scores are quite good .Except that 7 for Warhawk ,but well there is always someone who doesnt like a game .

A 7 is someone not liking a game?  Seriously? 

im definitely getting warhawk tonight.. not sure about heavely sword

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
Someone better get the reviewer that gave Warhawk a 7 a flame shield. The Sony fanboys are already frothing at the mouth!

Someone better get you a warning, because your the one frothing at the mouth and thats the kind of thing that gets a person banned.

Oh wait, that is your warning.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

sieanr said:
ssj12 said:
sieanr said:
Diomedes1976 said:

The scores are quite good .Except that 7 for Warhawk ,but well there is always someone who doesnt like a game .

Not really, but I bet they are only BS when it refers to a great PS title being ported to a ninty console

we all know you would be jumping for joy if that happened

Yes I would, since that game deserves a second chance to sell better.

BTW; I already own, and have beaten, Okami for the PS2. Would you like pictures for proof?

Doubt it would sell better in the Wii .Only Nintendo games sell very good on the Wii .There may be some exceptions ,but a "artistic " game about a japanese goddess that can reshape reality by painting wouldnt be it .

Diomedes1976 said:
sieanr said:
ssj12 said:
sieanr said:
Diomedes1976 said:

Not really, but I bet they are only BS when it refers to a great PS title being ported to a ninty console

we all know you would be jumping for joy if that happened

Yes I would, since that game deserves a second chance to sell better.

BTW; I already own, and have beaten, Okami for the PS2. Would you like pictures for proof?

Doubt it would sell better in the Wii .Only Nintendo games sell very good on the Wii .There may be some exceptions ,but a "artistic " game about a japanese goddess that can reshape reality by painting wouldnt be it .

Not true.

Considering Okami's similarity to Zelda, I'd say it already has a decent sized audience. Furthermore, RE4 for Wii made capcom a nice little profit, so it wouldn't hurt to do a quick and simple port to the Wii.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Some good reviews, and I really hope the Okami rumor is true. I loved the PS2 game, but it would be great with Wii controls.

"warhawk is going to bomb"

"HeavenlySword is going to bomb"

"the PS3 fanboy' hype on these games will not save them from low score review"

well well well, time is showing the truth at least ...

Time to Work !