By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's good to know that Zelda: TP is the best Wii game still

*~Onna76~* said:

Ehm yeah I meant to say that people compare TP with OOT while they might have played WW as well, but entirely forgot about that. Gladly one or two got my point ;)

I don't say people shouldn't complain about TP, absolutely not, if you're not happy with the game for some reasons, I respect that. It's only several people are complaining about the game while they compare it with OOT. Not only here, I get to hear it among others as well. The game feels the same, hasn't changed much comparing to OOT, while Wind Waker, which got a different look and kind of a different set up (traveling by boat) is all of the sudden stucked in the middle as completely forgotten, not to imagine... "Majora's Mask".

Both games are "younger" than Ocarina of Time and the funniest thing is... the ones who compare TP with OOT have played WW and MM as well!

The problem is that I liked WW and MM and welcomed them as great changes to the series.  Then TP came and sort of reverted back... It's not that I don't like TP, but it was too familiar with OoT.  For me Zelda goes:

OoT > aLttP > WW > TP > MM > others

Of course all of those are among my favorite games of all time though.

Around the Network

You'd be surprised as to how many of us have beaten them ALL.

Except Phantom Hourglass, but then again, has it even been released yet?

Zelda deserves its place among the highest reviewed games...

Just wait til Mario comes out though...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

really wish i'd played MM...come on VC release.

Wind Waker is one of the most beautiful games i have ever seen, i don't understand why everyone kicked up such a fuss.

lol @ onna. Peach is annoying to the core [a la slippy]... i know which one i'll be saving from the pirahna plant in SSB:B.

Wind Walker is the only Zelda game, in my opinion, that offers an AAA gaming exp. The rest are nothing more than solid titles.

Around the Network

(Commentor's note: I had to work extra today and couldn't get Prime 3, so I still haven't played it.)

Reviews don't affect my opinion of which games are the best or my favorites.

Presentation wise, Zelda is the best IMO, but I have put in way more hours on each of several other games that are "not as good". I've probably put more hours, gotten more value, and had more fun with Elebits and Excite Truck.

I understand how that opinion forms. A comparison: Zelda is better than Elebits is like saying Citizen Kane is better than Bazing Saddles. Best and favorite are two different things. I have seen Citizen Kane several times, yes, and I think it is one of the best examples of how to make a movie. But I enjoy Blazing Saddles over and over again, and really got my money's worth out of the $7.50 DVD.

When somebody asks me what is the best Wii game I will say Zelda, with out having to look at Gamerankings/GameStats/MetaCritic or explain that Elebits is still my favorite game on Wii.

And, for the record, I prefer History of the World Part One.

@grandmaster192: Most people (including me) who played OOT when it first came out would go with that, but I see where you are coming from. I think Wind Waker is one of the best looking, best playing, most fun, and engaging games of all time. I think Wind Waker will live on in popularity beyond OOT and TP. The graphics are timeless which makes it accessible to new generations of gamers. That is one the few games that I would like to see Wii-made in the next gen to support HD and widescreen, with out changing anything else.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.