By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's good to know that Zelda: TP is the best Wii game still

*~Onna76~* said:

Ehm yeah I meant to say that people compare TP with OOT while they might have played WW as well, but entirely forgot about that. Gladly one or two got my point ;)

I don't say people shouldn't complain about TP, absolutely not, if you're not happy with the game for some reasons, I respect that. It's only several people are complaining about the game while they compare it with OOT. Not only here, I get to hear it among others as well. The game feels the same, hasn't changed much comparing to OOT, while Wind Waker, which got a different look and kind of a different set up (traveling by boat) is all of the sudden stucked in the middle as completely forgotten, not to imagine... "Majora's Mask".

Both games are "younger" than Ocarina of Time and the funniest thing is... the ones who compare TP with OOT have played WW and MM as well!

I love WW more than I love OoT. Maybe I'm just wierd but I do. Only one part in WW was un-enjoyable [the trifoce quest] where-as I found many parts in OoT as utterly unenjoyable.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
Around the Network
Ashadelo said:
*~Onna76~* said:
Ehm yeah I meant to say that people compare TP with OOT while they might have played WW as well, but entirely forgot about that. Gladly one or two got my point ;)

I don't say people shouldn't complain about TP, absolutely not, if you're not happy with the game for some reasons, I respect that. It's only several people are complaining about the game while they compare it with OOT. Not only here, I get to hear it among others as well. The game feels the same, hasn't changed much comparing to OOT, while Wind Waker, which got a different look and kind of a different set up (traveling by boat) is all of the sudden stucked in the middle as completely forgotten. The funniest thing is... they played Wind Waker as well!

And this is what I agree with. People are never ever happy. I remember when WW launched and the huge uproar of people angery that it wasnt like OOT. Then TP comes along and it's ether

A. Too Long

B. It's too much like OOT

You can never win 

LOL me and my editting. You got my point. I was one of those who simply "adored" Wind Waker and still love it! But indeed, I read a lot on the boards of how gamers were disappointed in the cell shaded graphics. It looked too kiddy, game was too easy... nothing like Ocarina of Time etc.etc. Funny though, as the very same people might buy Phanton Hourglass as well, while the game has the complete same style.

@Nintendo_Fanboy, ROTFL, it's okay

@Andros, I personally love them both, as well Majora's Mask by the way. WW and OoT brought each it's own Zelda magic in a complete different way. Story wise, I was surprised when I found out in WW, *spoiler alert * for those who have never played WII:

Tetra was Princess Peach! I was really like.. HAH?? That nasty, bickering, little brat is really Princess Peach?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

WiteoutKing said:

It was supposed to be "the last great game" on the GameCube before Nintendo fully moved on to the Wii, with the port as a launch title. Nintendo messed up the game's launch and the GameCube never got its swansong.

Hahaha. So true. I had a preorder from Best Buy for something like an 11.01.05 release. Which I got sometime during the summer of 05. Amazingly, I still had the ticket and receipt when I finally picked up the game in January (since it was impossible to find it in stock for awhile). It was a little tricky because I had put $5 down for a GC game and had to explain that this was when there was no Wii game. The person at the help desk was impressed I still had the receipt, too.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

I really liked WW, I just wish they had fleshed it out a bit more. Didn't feel like there was enough to do.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I read the whole IGN review. They mentioned "best Wii game yet" repeatedly.

Despite the recent bashing, Twilight Princess was a major GOTY contender universally last year. Prime 3 is the smallest of 3 "core gamer" killer apps this year. If it's only "just as good as TP," I hope people can live with it.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
Ashadelo said:
*~Onna76~* said:

I don't say people shouldn't complain about TP, absolutely not, if you're not happy with the game for some reasons, I respect that. It's only several people are complaining about the game while they compare it with OOT. Not only here, I get to hear it among others as well. The game feels the same, hasn't changed much comparing to OOT, while Wind Waker, which got a different look and kind of a different set up (traveling by boat) is all of the sudden stucked in the middle as completely forgotten. The funniest thing is... they played Wind Waker as well!

And this is what I agree with. People are never ever happy. I remember when WW launched and the huge uproar of people angery that it wasnt like OOT. Then TP comes along and it's ether

A. Too Long

B. It's too much like OOT

You can never win

LOL me and my editting. You got my point. I was one of those who simply "adored" Wind Waker and still love it! But indeed, I read a lot on the boards of how gamers were disappointed in the cell shaded graphics. It looked too kiddy, game was too easy... nothing like Ocarina of Time etc.etc. Funny though, as the very same people might buy Phanton Hourglass as well, while the game has the complete same style.

@Nintendo_Fanboy, ROTFL, it's okay

@Andros, I personally love them both, as well Majora's Mask by the way. WW and OoT brought each it's own Zelda magic in a complete different way. Story wise, I was surprised when I found out in WW, *spoiler alert * for those who have never played WII:

Tetra was Princess Peach! I was really like.. HAH?? That nasty, bickering, little brat is really Princess Peach?

We know you mean Princes Zelda and not Peach, right!?

我是广州人

Ashadelo said:
Thank you for confirming it IGN and 1 Up

IGN said Metroid was the best Wii game. Maybe read the review next time.

Zelda: TP was awesome. God that was a good game. I want to play through it again, much faster this time obviously, but I don't have the ~40 hours that would be required to go through it again.  I should really make the time, but that can be hard to do when you are a parent.

A lot of reviewers at IGN thought Zelda should have been game of the year last year.  It sounded like the xbox reviewers got the generic first person shooter Gears of War in there based heavily on graphics, but in my opinion Zelda was the far better game.  And it should have been GOTY last year.

*~Onna76~* said:
Artistic, atmosphere, story / gameplay / sound wise, this game is to me indeed the "best" WII game so far, despite the fact it's a GC port.

And why didn't TP change anything? It's completely different comparing to Wind Waker, or did everybody forget about that game and only think about Ocarina of Time? Yes TP has many comparisons with OOT, but if I recall it, people who've played WW were complaining about the fact it wasn't "like OOT". Now with TP which is kind of brought back to the OOT style... it's not good either...

As one who disliked the overt similarities between TOOT and TP, I never once complained about WW being different from TOOT, and will be quite happy to get a game on Wii that is willing to take the sorts of chances MM and WW did. Honestly, I think TP will lose some of its luster in the months ahead.

@ Gran Turismo

agreed a zelda wii developed from da ground up would be MAD!

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

@Ashedelo, did I really write that??? OMG *bangs head against the wall, slinks off in utterly shame ... and...with a splitting headache*.

The thing is... I don't even like Peach that much :P

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo