By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's good to know that Zelda: TP is the best Wii game still

*~Onna76~* said:
Artistic, atmosphere, story / gameplay / sound wise, this game is to me indeed the "best" WII game so far, despite the fact it's a GC port.

And why didn't TP change anything? It's completely different comparing to Wind Waker, or did everybody forget about that game and only think about Ocarina of Time? Yes TP has many comparisons with OOT, but if I recall it, people who've played WW were complaining about the fact it wasn't "like OOT". Now with TP which is kind of brought back to the OOT style... it's not good either...

i agree, i compare TP more to WW than OoT, simply because it's in a closer time-frame, WW to me is a better game than OoT, though it certainly had less of an impact. TP to me is below RE4 [also a port, but its much better than the older versions] so TP is second, though close to Wii sports i think. obviously thats all based on my own general enjoyment of the 3 games, as should be with everyone elses favorite list.

Around the Network

I will say there is one thing about Twilight Princess that still has me sad.

It was not supposed to be an amazing Wii launch game.

It was supposed to be "the last great game" on the GameCube before Nintendo fully moved on to the Wii, with the port as a launch title. Nintendo messed up the game's launch and the GameCube never got its swansong.

That said, Twilight Princess is a fantastic game, easily the most elaborate and complex Zelda game yet. Falls just short of beating out Ocarina of Time.

PS3: 5.51m/51w, avg 108,039/w (up 239)
360: 12.93m/102w, avg 126,764/w (up 625), leads PS3 by 7.42m (up 70k), avg lead 18,725/w (up 386)
Wii: 13.52m/51w, avg 265,098/w (dn 1,102), leads PS3 by 8.01m (up 90k), avg lead 157,059/w (dn 1,341)

If 360 sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass 360 by...
01/08: (008w) +875.8%, 04/08: (021w) +344.4%, 07/08: (034w) +219.3%, 10/08: (047w) +163.5%
01/09: (060w) +131.8%, 04/09: (073w) +111.4%, 07/09: (085w) +098.1%, 10/09: (099w) +086.7%
If Wii sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass Wii by...
01/08: (008w) +1072.%, 04/08: (021w) +498.4%, 07/08: (034w) +363.4%, 10/08: (047w) +303.1%
01/09: (060w) +269.0%, 04/09: (073w) +246.9%, 07/09: (085w) +232.6%, 10/09: (099w) +220.3%
If PS2 sales freeze, Wii sales increases needed to pass PS2 (as of Mar07, 108.4m) by...
2008: (008w) +4373.8%, 2009: (060w) +0496.5%, 2010: (112w) +0219.6%, 2011: (165w) +0116.9%
2012: (217w) +0064.9%, 2013: (269w) +0033.1%, 2014: (321w) +0011.5%, 2015: (376w) -0004.8%
At +0% it will pass it in 358w, the week ending September 19th, 2014, at an age of 409w (7y44w).
Current age of PS2: 7y37w.

Last update: Week ending November 3, 2007

I don't I agree with you Onna76.

I myself have beaten every single Zelda game (sides MM because at the time I was so heavely into Everquest) some of them mutliple times.

I doubt there are many people here that have beaten even half of the Zelda games. Let alone 1 or 2 for nes.

And TP is hands down my all time favorite Zelda game.  Which I know that TP was built on the gamecube but please remember guys that TP came out for the Wii first and then later on to the Gamecube.

我是广州人

and what, exactly, is your point ashadelo? Didn't Onna say too that people should not complain about TP?

Besides, the fact that TP came out a few days earlier on the Wii than on the Cube does not make it a Wii game. The game was intended to be a Cube game but got ported to the Wii.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Two words: WHO CARES?!

I loved TP to death. Completed it 3 times and is one of my favourite games of all time. That said I'm almost sure I'll enjoy Prime 3 more. Why? Samus Aran - along with her Prime series - is my favourite gaming character of all time and from the looks of it the Prime 3 is the best in the Metroid saga.

Just playing as Samus gets me all excited. It's just a matter of opinion which is best. I'm lucky I can enjoy both.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
Around the Network

I've beaten all of them (actually I haven't even played minish cap because I could never find it), and I really can't decide. It's a three way tie between Link to the past, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess. I think undoubtably those are the best three, but any time I try to pick one as my favorite it just doesn't work.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Ehm yeah I meant to say that people compare TP with OOT while they might have played WW as well, but entirely forgot about that. Gladly one or two got my point ;)

I don't say people shouldn't complain about TP, absolutely not, if you're not happy with the game for some reasons, I respect that. It's only several people are complaining about the game while they compare it with OOT. Not only here, I get to hear it among others as well. The game feels the same, hasn't changed much comparing to OOT, while Wind Waker, which got a different look and kind of a different set up (traveling by boat) is all of the sudden stucked in the middle as completely forgotten, not to imagine... "Majora's Mask".

Both games are "younger" than Ocarina of Time and the funniest thing is... the ones who compare TP with OOT have played WW and MM as well!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:
Ehm yeah I meant to say that people compare TP with OOT while they might have played WW as well, but entirely forgot about that. Gladly one or two got my point ;)

I don't say people shouldn't complain about TP, absolutely not, if you're not happy with the game for some reasons, I respect that. It's only several people are complaining about the game while they compare it with OOT. Not only here, I get to hear it among others as well. The game feels the same, hasn't changed much comparing to OOT, while Wind Waker, which got a different look and kind of a different set up (traveling by boat) is all of the sudden stucked in the middle as completely forgotten. The funniest thing is... they played Wind Waker as well!

And this is what I agree with. People are never ever happy. I remember when WW launched and the huge uproar of people angery that it wasnt like OOT. Then TP comes along and it's ether

A. Too Long

B. It's too much like OOT

You can never win 

我是广州人

I don't really understand where people come up with the complaints that TP "didn't change anything" when OoT was just a 3D LttP clone right down to the formula and wasn't even as good. TP on the other hand makes my Wii sweat awesome by the buckets.

The only thing TP and OoT really have in common is the engine and that they both follow the LttP formula to an extent. The difference is that OoT follows LttP like a little lost sheep while WW and TP diverge from the formula enough to be their own games, and anything TP does similarly to OoT, it does better.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

*~Onna76~* said:

I don't say people shouldn't complain about TP, absolutely not, if you're not happy with the game for some reasons, I respect that. It's only several people are complaining about the game while they compare it with OOT. Not only here, I get to hear it among others as well. The game feels the same, hasn't changed much comparing to OOT, while Wind Waker, which got a different look and kind of a different set up (traveling by boat) is all of the sudden stucked in the middle as completely forgotten, not to imagine... "Majora's Mask".

Both games are "younger" than Ocarina of Time and the funniest thing is... the ones who compare TP with OOT have played WW and MM as well!

I am aware that you did not say that and that you meant people are never happy, I was just not motivated enough to write such a long sentence. Well, I guess I have written more now than if I had written it more precisely right from the start

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)