By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBL gold member get discounts!

heruamon said:
Look at the Game Informer/Gamestop edge card...you pay $10, and you get a magazine, and discounts on every used game trade-in or purchase...and they get a TON of members. M$ needs to look at making the gold membership a must have...

$15. *cough*

You're right though, I think I would need a better reason to pay $50/year to play online.

Currently playing: Civ 6

Around the Network
cdude1034 said:
heruamon said:
Look at the Game Informer/Gamestop edge card...you pay $10, and you get a magazine, and discounts on every used game trade-in or purchase...and they get a TON of members. M$ needs to look at making the gold membership a must have...

$15. *cough*

You're right though, I think I would need a better reason to pay $50/year to play online.

It went up? LOL...when I re-upped last summer, I didn't even look at the cost of doing so, and I thought it was still $10.  Regardless, it is a great deal, but WRT to the annual + 1 XBL gold membership...$50...WHY in the world would you pay the top shelf price for it, when you could have gotten it for $38.99 at amazon, or $39.99 at Best Buy?  If you live overseas...hmmm...order it online and get it sent to you in the mail (exchange rates against the dollar nulls the shipping cost)?  So I'm confused about this whole $50 for a year...it's acutally less than $40 for 13 months.  As to the value you get, YES....M$ needs to address this issue of people whining about paying for the service, and imho, one way is looking at % discounts on DLC, and possbily even long term member rewards, like you get at Gamespy.  The monthly discounts are the start, and as boost sales, it becomes a more attractive program.  Look at the release week for CDs and DVDs...they are usually priced lower than the regular price to boost sales...that's another angle M$ can look at for DLC for Gold Members.

BTW, link to Amazon for getting the 13-month card for cheap:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Live-Month-Gold-Bonus/dp/B000B9RI00/ref=pd_ts_vg_10?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Hell yeah! I played all of Braid on my friend's 360, and I absolutely love it. I've been meaning to buy the game...

Procrastinating hasn't paid off this well in a while!

heruamon said:
cdude1034 said:
heruamon said:

$15. *cough*

It went up? LOL...when I re-upped last summer, I didn't even look at the cost of doing so, and I thought it was still $10.  Regardless, it is a great deal, but WRT to the annual + 1 XBL gold membership...$50...WHY in the world would you pay the top shelf price for it, when you could have gotten it for $38.99 at amazon, or $39.99 at Best Buy?  If you live overseas...hmmm...order it online and get it sent to you in the mail (exchange rates against the dollar nulls the shipping cost)?  So I'm confused about this whole $50 for a year...it's acutally less than $40 for 13 months.  As to the value you get, YES....M$ needs to address this issue of people whining about paying for the service, and imho, one way is looking at % discounts on DLC, and possbily even long term member rewards, like you get at Gamespy.  The monthly discounts are the start, and as boost sales, it becomes a more attractive program.  Look at the release week for CDs and DVDs...they are usually priced lower than the regular price to boost sales...that's another angle M$ can look at for DLC for Gold Members.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Live-Month-Gold-Bonus/dp/B000B9RI00/ref=pd_ts_vg_10?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

I got 13 months for $30 bucks from buy.com.  I think Sears has them at that price now as well. 

Did you mean Gamefly?

JaggedSac said:
heruamon said:
cdude1034 said:
heruamon said:

$15. *cough*

I got 13 months for $30 bucks from buy.com.  I think Sears has them at that price now as well. 

Did you mean Gamefly?

LOL...yeah Gamefly...I was reading an article on Gamespy while typing this.  Yeah...I acutally bought three 13-month card, when there was a special sale and got another stuff along with it, so I'm "membered" out for a long time.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Original Fable for around $10? That'll be a total steal!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

As long as this discount thing doesn't turn into gamer pics and themes in 2 months it looks like a good idea.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo