By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 in Japan

Kantor said:
green_box said:

Four points:

a:Japan is a zone wii..

b:Japan decline as market of games worldwide.

c:japan It is a battle lost for ps3 and 360..

d:Japan is different...

Everything else they are fanatical deliriums, I like to have the feet in the land..

The PS3 is closer to the Wii than it is to the 360. The Wii is sinking fast, faster than the other two consoles.

Sinking is a really strong world, console sales this Gen in Japan are clearly software related (Big Software release causes a bump in sales) , and with Big releases during Summer Time Wii will regain good sales. PS3 sales will increase with big games but it wont sustain this kind of sales for long.

Around the Network

Its down yoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

lmao@ PS3 being on a roll in Japan.

No it hasn't. It doesn't even do 20k per week. I wish it were on a roll, but let's not be idiots.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Acevil said:

Sorry to say this, but I currently think no home console is in a good position in Japan. The sales aren't that great, even with boosts here and there usually caused by big game releases.

This.

peachbuggy said:
How is the Yakuza game going to sell 600k plus in Japan when the last one hasn't even broken 300k? Only 2 ps3 games have broken 600k in Japan and one of those was MGS. Don't see any other games joining that club just yet.

Famitsu:

Ryu ga Gotoku 2 :  572.917
Ryu ga Gotoku 2 (The Best): 211.384

The "The Best" version isn't quite up to date and is still selling, so RgG2 is around 800k total. I'd be surprised if PS3 version does 600k, but previous version did way more than "hasn't even broken 300k".

Around the Network

Xbox is the only console thats up yoy. Yes Japan is a depressing market for home consoles right now lol

Soriku said:
@Rei

It has MHG in April and Wii Sports Resort as well to help raise sales.

@outlaw and Kantor

Well, the Wii had a lot more to lose compared to the PS3.

This year, almost the first half of the year is mostly weak for the Wii but strong for the PS3 while the second half seems strong for the Wii and weak for the PS3 in Japan.

How exactly is the second half of year weak for the PS3 when it's getting its biggest game?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:
@Rei

It has MHG in April and Wii Sports Resort as well to help raise sales.

@outlaw and Kantor

Well, the Wii had a lot more to lose compared to the PS3.

This year, almost the first half of the year is mostly weak for the Wii but strong for the PS3 while the second half seems strong for the Wii and weak for the PS3 in Japan.

How exactly is the second half of year weak for the PS3 when it's getting its biggest game?

IF it gets its biggest game. The DQ IX delay might push FF XIII further.

But say it does come out in 2009...I said most not all. The first half of the year for the Wii isn't bad either with WSR and MHG. But, again, I said most.

Wii Sports Resort will be huge, but MHG will most likely not. What big games are coming for the Wii in the second half of the year in Japan?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.