By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - wow! KZ2 trailer remake on Crysis. Pre-alpha

Slimebeast said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Slimebeast said:
Same source, just press "high quality" under the clip while on YouTube.

Anyway, this looks better than KZ2. Especially the lighting effects are superior. But textures and building and character models more detailed as well. Fire is better.

That still qualifies as shitty YT quality, I'm afraid.

At least he could have uploaded it as YT's HD quality which is pseudo-acceptable - unless they restrict those kind of uploads.

Yeah but the YouTube high quality clip is still good enuff to make one see that this Crisis mod slays Killzone2.

Could you repeat that please? I couldn't read your post behind those video artifacts.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

Well if anyone believes that a top (graphics-wise) game running on 256 MB graphical memory will look better than a top game running on potentially several GB of graphical memory and tons more shader performance, I have some oceanfront real estate on the moon for sale.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

for some reason it doesn't look as impressive as killzone 2.maybe art style?(even compared to the KZ2 demo which is an old built of the game,KZ2 looks better)

^It doesn't have the atmosphere KZ2 has.
The flaming mortars, the planes whizzing by, the large explosions with flying debris everywhere, allies and enemies dying all over the place. People shouting and guns firing singing as ambiance.
Plus it has some sort of uncanny valley effect the way the people move and react. Not to mention the way they die.
Also, KZ2's color pallete has some charm to the atmosphere, Crysis(This mod) is just gray... and black, very black.
I'm basing this off my experience of the demo and the trailer.

No doubt Crysis as a game would look better technical wise, and I mean the game itself not the mod, but it doesn't have KZ2's atmosphere.

NJ5 said:

Well if anyone believes that a top (graphics-wise) game running on 256 MB graphical memory will look better than a top game running on potentially several GB of graphical memory and tons more shader performance, I have some oceanfront real estate on the moon for sale.

Well if you think this looks better then KZ2, that just shows you have not played Killzone.  KZ2 looks much better then this video.

Around the Network

@Griffin: Well it's impossible to tell from a crappy youtube video. My point is that this kind of comparison is pointless, it's obvious that Crysis-based tech can look much better. Looking at textures at close distance will always be better with more graphical memory for example.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Lol. I like how at the beginning it says "ExoBox presents."

It looks about the same as Killzone 2. The only differences I see are that it looks a bit smoother and "dreamy" from the light reflecting off metal. Killzone 2 looks a bit more sharp and dark. I'm not saying either one is better though. Looks really great. I like. I wish I could play Crysis...I bet I'm not the only one thats too poor for that though.

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

I really like to tell with a decent video, because that video made KZ 2 look so much better.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

NJ5 said:
@Griffin: Well it's impossible to tell from a crappy youtube video. My point is that this kind of comparison is pointless, it's obvious that Crysis-based tech can look much better. Looking at textures at close distance will always be better with more graphical memory for example.

You can still see what the basic game looks like from their massive screens on their site and the HD video they have.  Sure crysis based engine will blow away KZ2, but there seems to be much jaggies and some sort of bad texture at parts in the video.  KZ2 has some really bad textures, but the way the game comes together, i'm just not sure how to desribe it.  Its just better then the some of its parts. 

Where as this video just not not have that feel.  It can have better textures, AA or lighting, but it does not come together as a whole.   I've seen some of the mods in crysis the nature mods and lighting ones, and they look much better then this video.  But this games end product will be amazing and i can't wait to see more from them.

I remember when the Sony guys used to point out that KZ2 was in "PRE-ALPHA" yet can't accept it when thrown back at them.

I'm sorry but Crysis just out Killzowned Killzone2.

The rEVOLution is not being televised