By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - World's Friendliest country - what's your country rank?

highwaystar101 said:
SamuelRSmith said:
The media are blowing the stabbings way out of proportion, and it pisses me off when they do that. The majority of streets are safe to walk at night, and the majority teenagers are safe to approach, but the media's approach has turned the nation against a generation.

This kind of stuff just leads to illogical legislation, like the Dangerous Dogs Act.
Fortuneatly, at the moment, they are fixated on blaming Brown for the economy, and so they have moved on from teenage stabbings, like how they moved on from immigration, like how they moved on from paedophiles.

To be honest that the daily mail/express's fault, they are the most dangerous newspapers in England (I'm a guardian reader, I'm athiest, liberal and correct 99% of the time).

They move on to the next campaign for justice and the next. It was that fucking baby P case that got me perplexed. For a whol fucking minth they were moaning about the death of this baby, victimising the social workers and the doctors that were trying to help. They got loads of people fired from the social services and got that doctior fired (who they were extremely racist against IMO). Now the area baby P came from has a major problem with social services as everyone quit and no-one wants to work for them. To me the daily mail always cause 1000 times more problems than they create... besides I didnt give a shit about that kid, it died and that was sad and tragic, but what made that baby so special, thousands of kids die everyday, they just needed something to sell papers. Also at no point did they ever victimise the three people that actually killed baby.

Then they go off on one about immigrants and act extremely racist using words like 'wogs', 'gypos' and 'pakis' andthen go off onone when Jade Goody called Shilpa Shetti, Shilpa popadom.

In case no-one can tell, I fucking hate the daily mail...

man everything you just said i totally agree with! In my household being called one of the Daily Mail brigade is a massive insult.

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
The media are blowing the stabbings way out of proportion, and it pisses me off when they do that. The majority of streets are safe to walk at night, and the majority teenagers are safe to approach, but the media's approach has turned the nation against a generation.

This kind of stuff just leads to illogical legislation, like the Dangerous Dogs Act.
Fortuneatly, at the moment, they are fixated on blaming Brown for the economy, and so they have moved on from teenage stabbings, like how they moved on from immigration, like how they moved on from paedophiles.

Generally I would agree, but I know way too many people who have been mugged, assaulted, stabbed etc to feel safe in certain areas.

My mother actually works in the social care sector. And you know what she thinks the problem is? The data protection act.

The social workers, for example, weren't allowed to see the exact medical information from the doctors, and the doctors weren't allowed to know about the social care.

The data protection act has caused a lot of problems in areas like these. Including education welfare, where some of the educational welfare officers are not allowed to see the attendance records of students who changed schools.

The entire thing is completely ridiculous.

Thatmax said:
SamuelRSmith said:

Generally I would agree, but I know way too many people who have been mugged, assaulted, stabbed etc to feel safe in certain areas.

Well, you do come from a city area, where crime is certainly much higher. But I live in a village, where these things never happen, and yet everyone is still scared by it all.

SamuelRSmith said:
Thatmax said:
SamuelRSmith said:

Well, you do come from a city area, where crime is certainly much higher. But I live in a village, where these things never happen, and yet everyone is still scared by it all.

Yeah id be surprised if that sort of thing went on in villages

Generally Iv reached an age where I'm not a target for the typical rudeboy mugger, but that doesn't mean I wont put my hood up and walk in a more confident way as I pass a group of em. I feel safe around my area, but thats mainly as I know quite a few of the thugs through other people but having to walk through Brixton with a phone and an iPod on you can be pretty nerve racking.

Around the Network

6. I prefer 1. I guess the guy who did the US research has never been to the South or the Midwest.

Canada #1 :)

SamuelRSmith said:
Neptune said:
llewdebkram said:
Is bombing other countries and killing innocent civilians considered friendly now?

ooh you should not have said that. I'm glad you got banned. I don't fully agree with the war but I know we are not bombing innocent civilians. Do you know how many soldiers (not just American soldiers) have died fighting in Iraq to free the people from dictators like Saddam Hussain?

Thousands of innocent civilians have died, and other countries have been bombed. Why the hell someone was banned for anti-American comments when he was commenting on a war which his own country is in, I don't know.

Thousands of innocent civilians died in 9/11. Now I am not justifying what our army is doing, but we have both suffered losses.

Owner of 360

Future owner of a PS3 (when it drops to $300)

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
lolita said:
Canada eh? I dunno... I'm half Hungarian and I've been discriminated for my name and I've always felt alienated here... But that's my experience of living here my whole life.

Thats surprising, usually it's the drunken natives around here who people discriminate against

The J man has not met one native his whole life and yet hes been in canada since he was born.

The J man wants to meet a native NOW!!!

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Woot! Canada's #1, i'm surprised USA got in top 10.