By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are PS3 owners willing to buy and accept Mass Effect 2 if it's a bad port?

given how well unreal tournament 3 runs on ps3, there is no excuse for a bad port. epic should (would be) giving them the code to UT3 on ps3 so they can merge that with their UT3 base engine + modifications.

saying that I'd get the PC version since I have ME on PC :p

Around the Network
bbsin said:
starcraft said:
bbsin said:
ymeaga1n said:
I'm sorry did i miss something. Did EA or Bioware confirm a ps3 port?

No?...yeah didn't think so

Jesus christ, you're insecure.

It's a hypothetical question, no need to get defensive. Read carefully on what the question asks next time.

Come on don't shout at people. Your thread title was provocative.  It makes it sound like the PS3 port is inevitable.  I agree that shouldn't prevent us from answering the question, but you should have expected some consternation with a thread title like that.

As for the question, there is evidence that it could go either way.

The Orange Box port was horrendous and it sold less than 200k, but the Bioshock port was OK and it sold 350k.

I WASN'T SHOUTING AT ANYONE, IF I WERE SHOUTING, IT WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS!

now, with all jokes aside. I honestly think the thread title would only be provocative to insecure Xbox fans that's concerned about exclusivity. I actually edited the OP to make sure so no complains.

Well, people are more likely too question your motives when your reply to a post like mine harps on about the provocative nature of the thread title and yet completely ignores my answer to the question you CLAIM to want to talk about.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Why all the EA hate? xD

Yea they realesed bad ports at the beginning of the PS3 life.
But with games like Burnout Paradise, Deadspace and Mirror's edge Im sure they will do a fine port.(if it ever happens)

PSN = vic_haste

I own a PS3 and I hate bad ports on any system.

Yes I would. I wouldn't have never picked up bioshock if it wasn't ported to the ps3 but I'm glad I did.

PS4/PS3/PC/3DS Owner (Will buy a Switch when mainline Pokemon game is released)

Around the Network
starcraft said:
bbsin said:
starcraft said:
bbsin said:
ymeaga1n said:
I'm sorry did i miss something. Did EA or Bioware confirm a ps3 port?

No?...yeah didn't think so

Jesus christ, you're insecure.

It's a hypothetical question, no need to get defensive. Read carefully on what the question asks next time.

Come on don't shout at people. Your thread title was provocative.  It makes it sound like the PS3 port is inevitable.  I agree that shouldn't prevent us from answering the question, but you should have expected some consternation with a thread title like that.

As for the question, there is evidence that it could go either way.

The Orange Box port was horrendous and it sold less than 200k, but the Bioshock port was OK and it sold 350k.

I WASN'T SHOUTING AT ANYONE, IF I WERE SHOUTING, IT WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS!

now, with all jokes aside. I honestly think the thread title would only be provocative to insecure Xbox fans that's concerned about exclusivity. I actually edited the OP to make sure so no complains.

Well, people are more likely too question your motives when your reply to a post like mine harps on about the provocative nature of the thread title and yet completely ignores my answer to the question you CLAIM to want to talk about.

I actually think it's a shame that I even have to defend myself for asking such a straightfoward question. If I ignored the claims that I were trying to send a secret message in my topic or OP, then it would just snowball from there. Now why would I let a bunch of insecure 360 fans derail a thread in an attempt to turn the topic into "Mass Effect is coming PS3 vs No it's not"?? So, if you want, next time you made a thread, then I'll claim that you're a fraud and we'll see if you let it slide.

As for your answer. I have no answer for it because I never planned to have a long running conversation about other's opinion. Heck, if I could have made a poll, then I would. Either way, I have been reading the posts and I will say that I'm surprised that some people are willing to completely skip the game.

Honestly I dont know....Hopefully theres a mandatory install because when I played ME1 It was a chore to finish mainly because of the

Framerate Drops
Pop-Ins
LONG ASS LOAD TIMES
And the fact that my choices barely made a dent in the ending except for maybe one or two major choices.

In the end I think if it was done properly I would buy it...However,I would Rent the game first

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

FOOD said:
I wouldn't get any ported game. Period. If any company wants to make my money they have to offer a quality product--nothing half-assed.

An argument can be made that ports are not necessarily half-assed.

ShadowSoldier said:
Honestly I dont know....Hopefully theres a mandatory install because when I played ME1 It was a chore to finish mainly because of the

Framerate Drops
Pop-Ins
LONG ASS LOAD TIMES
And the fact that my choices barely made a dent in the ending except for maybe one or two major choices.

In the end I think if it was done properly I would buy it...However,I would Rent the game first

I agree with the first three.  I expect them to be fixed in ME2.

However I was very impressed with the way my choices influenced the game.  There are four different endings, but honestly, how many more did you expect?  What was especially impressive was the way the game progressed differently dialogue-wise if you changed your decisions up.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

id rent it first to see if it was worth my 60$... mass effect 1 was not