By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are PS3 owners willing to buy and accept Mass Effect 2 if it's a bad port?

bbsin said:
ymeaga1n said:
I'm sorry did i miss something. Did EA or Bioware confirm a ps3 port?

No?...yeah didn't think so

Jesus christ, you're insecure.

It's a hypothetical question, no need to get defensive. Read carefully on what the question asks next time.

Come on don't shout at people. Your thread title was provocative.  It makes it sound like the PS3 port is inevitable.  I agree that shouldn't prevent us from answering the question, but you should have expected some consternation with a thread title like that.

As for the question, there is evidence that it could go either way.

The Orange Box port was horrendous and it sold less than 200k, but the Bioshock port was OK and it sold 350k.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

i bought 2 bad ports...never buying another..

fight night round 3 and...hmm...wat did i buy...all i know is that i traded it in....hmmm i forget...i remember being pissed about it too...i'm too lazy to look it up right now...

I played ME on my 360 so I would probably get it for 360 instead of PS3 like I do most of my multiplats becasue you can carry over your saves. That being said, as much as I loved ME I won't be buying the sequal for any console if it's as glitch ridden and puts along with an aweful framerate like the last. Too many good games coming out to waste my money on unfinished products.

PS3 Trophies

I'll buy anything I think is good no matter what. I'm fine with bad ports. I don't know why other PS3 fans complains and miss out on games over the slightest little difference. The Orange Box wasn't even bad. It was almost the same as the 360 version with with slight technical problems. Other high rated games like Oblivion and Mass Effect had way more technical issues.

I haven't seen a single notable game be so significantly worse on the PS3 that's it's unplayable or even bad, so I have no reason to believe a Mass Effect 2 port would be. I own both consoles, though, and I'd buy the 360 version for achievments.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

starcraft said:
bbsin said:
ymeaga1n said:

It's a hypothetical question, no need to get defensive. Read carefully on what the question asks next time.

Come on don't shout at people. Your thread title was provocative.  It makes it sound like the PS3 port is inevitable.  I agree that shouldn't prevent us from answering the question, but you should have expected some consternation with a thread title like that.

The Orange Box port was horrendous and it sold less than 200k, but the Bioshock port was OK and it sold 350k.

I WASN'T SHOUTING AT ANYONE, IF I WERE SHOUTING, IT WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS!

now, with all jokes aside. I honestly think the thread title would only be provocative to insecure Xbox fans that's concerned about exclusivity. I actually edited the OP to make sure so no complains.

Around the Network
bbsin said:
starcraft said:
bbsin said:
ymeaga1n said:

I WASN'T SHOUTING AT ANYONE, IF I WERE SHOUTING, IT WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS!

now, with all jokes aside. I honestly think the thread title would only be provocative to insecure Xbox fans that's concerned about exclusivity. I actually edited the OP to make sure so no complains.

I second this. If any of the fanboys had enough reading skills and common sense to actually read the OP then I don't see what the problem is.

PS3 Trophies

*Slams fist on desk*

I don't see a port. WHERE'S THIS FUCKING PORT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!? HUH!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I would.
No way it would be worse than Mass Effect 1 on my PC ( because I have a shitty graphics card, ending up stopping to play the game the frame rate was just terrible).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

chances are ill just pick it up for PC if at all.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Would PS3 owners buy it even it if were a crappy port? EASY, YES!

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!