By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Vote here for the VGC best games of all time!

seece said:
Munkeh111 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
I'm really shocked by the amount of replies that seriously think the 5 best games of "ALL TIME" were made in this millennium, discarding well over half of video game history.

Maybe it is because many of us have not played games from the last millenium, or maybe it is because games get better over time

Exactly, not everybody is old like you Rubang.

Oh you'll all get older some day and see how dumb your lists are, since they only cover 2 generations, a decade at most.  You do plan on living for a few more generations of gaming, right?  Do you think that at any given time, your favorite 5 games of all time will be made within the last 2 generations?

Around the Network
seece said:
Munkeh111 said:
I'm really shocked by the amount of replies that seriously think the 5 best games of "ALL TIME" were made in this millennium, discarding well over half of video game history.

Maybe it is because many of us have not played games from the last millenium, or maybe it is because games get better over time

Exactly, not everybody is old like you Rubang.

Oh you'll all get older some day and see how dumb your lists are, since they only cover 2 generations, a decade at most.  You do plan on living for a few more generations of gaming, right?  Do you think that at any given time, your favorite 5 games of all time will be made within the last 2 generations?

I would say 3 gens at most. Games just get better and better. I played Crash 3 recently, and while it is a great game, you can just see how dated its game mechanics are, when you compare it to Naughty Dog's more recent games. But take a look at GTA games. Last gen, people thought the GTA III aim mechanics were quite good, but they are abysmal when compared to IVs, games move on, and while there is still nostalga, in most cases the game mechanics are dated, and they are not as good to play as more recent games.

jRPGs are a bit of an exception as there seems to be little evolution in that genre

1. Lunar Eternal Blue (Sega CD)
2. Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (PS1)
3. Warcraft 3: TFT (PC)
4. Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)
5. Diablo 2 LoD (PC)

I feel bad for all the other games I really liked but didn't make it on the list though :/

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

1. Oblivion (X360/PC)
2. Age of Empires 2 (PC)
3. Morrowind (Xbox/PC)
4. Fallout 3 (X360/PC)
5. Star Wars Jedi Knight (PC)

1. Twilight princess
2. Wind waker
3. Starfox adventures
4. pokemon silver
5. Halo combat evolved
6. RE4
7. Golden sun
8. Pokemon mystery dungeon
9. OoT
10. Zelda: alttp / final fantasy 3 (not 6 which is 3 in america)

Twilightman on Gametrailers

Around the Network

1. Twilight princess
2. Wind waker
3. Starfox adventures
4. pokemon silver
5. Halo combat evolved
6. RE4
7. Golden sun
8. Pokemon mystery dungeon
9. OoT
10. Zelda: alttp / final fantasy 3 (not 6 which is 3 in america)

Twilightman on Gametrailers

1) GoldenEye - N64
2) Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64
3) Space Invaders - Arcade and Atari 2600
4) Dragon's Lair - Arcade
5) Super Mario 64 - N64

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

1) Chrono Trigger
2) Secret of Mana
3) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past
4) Illusion of Gaia (Time)
5) Golden Eye 64

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

1. Xenogears - Ps1
2. Final Fantasy VII - Ps1
3. Lunar silver star story - Ps1
4. Vagrant story - Ps1
5. Civilization II - Pc

1. Age of Empires 2 - PC
2. Pokemon Silver - GB
3. Mario 64 - N64
4. Super Mario Land - GB
5. Halo: Combat Evolved - XBOX

Sometimes even if you know what you are going to lose, you got to go fight. That's part of being a man.  Eikichi Onizuka