By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is the PS3 selling badly? Why do you think it is/isn't?

JMan said:
Didn't Sony say they wanted to sell 5 million PS3s without it having any games? Or something like that Just trying to be funny.

Hey don't knock it, they're almost there

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Soriku said:
WITHOUT games they said, people buying PS3s are buying for games so Sony's logic/prediction phails

And what games are those? The PS3 has 2 first-party million sellers, with less than 3 million copies sold combined. The Wii has 9 million sellers (2 of those third-party), with more than 23 million copies combined.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

I wish ioi had never put the "align launches" button on the console comparison charts, it is meaningless. The Xbox360 and PS3 may have had similar launches but they launched into completely different situations, and the fact that they are similar is hurting the PS3 because the year head start puts MS 6 million consoles in front.

Developers aren't going to say "well, the PS3 is selling at the same rate as the Xbox360 was, we should develop for it", they're going to say "The Xbox360 has a 6 million unit lead on the PS3 and nothing we are seeing appears likely to improve Sony's situation, we should develop for the Xbox360"

and this is occurring: http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=7252

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I must laugh at the Sony fans who proclaim the PS3 isn't selling poorly because I bet you money these are the same people that said the GC was selling like baboon butt with the same sales rate or better.

The rEVOLution is not being televised