By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiisistance is futile, Wiimageddon is almost upon us...

homelesscarl said:
I'll be getting Nights, SMG,SBB, Harvest Moon. And of all things, My wife wants Manhunt 2 for her birthday this year.

!!!!!!!  what kind of wife is that!?

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
Rath said:
ckmlb said:
Except I think the lineup of both other consoles is better for the rest of the year.

It's only Wiimageddon to people who believe what you believe same way some people think the end of the world can come at any moment. It's reality to them.

Indeed and that is your opinion, however can you justify how the PS3 has a better line up for this year than the Wii? I seriously dont see how that can be possible when you consider its three biggest hitters (FF13, MGS4 and GT5) are coming next year and 3 of its 4 big titles for this year (HS, Lair, Warhawk) are starting to get mediocre reviews.

Ok the 4 there just made your statement fanboyish.

Unreal tournament 3(its on pc, steal sales" but epic says ut3 ps3 may be best version(roumer)")

Haze(starting to look like killzone 1)

heavenly sword(this game will sell wether it gets a 7 or a 10)

uncharted:drake's fortune(no reviews but gorgeus graphics)

ratchet and clank(amazing "cartoon" graphics, and gameplay looks very fun)

gt5 prolugue(gt5 anyone?)

Lair(I dont know but its one of its big titles)

Time shift(I dont know if its exclusive or not but the gameplay trailer in the ps store was awsome!)

Time crisis 4(exclusive big title)

those are some of there big titles

singstar is a casual game but its pretty good.

So I dont think its really 4 big titles if you count in 3rd parties its more like 25 big titles.

mM
johnsobas said:
homelesscarl said:
I'll be getting Nights, SMG,SBB, Harvest Moon. And of all things, My wife wants Manhunt 2 for her birthday this year.

!!!!!!! what kind of wife is that!?

The kind I want when Im older.

johnsobas said:
homelesscarl said:

!!!!!!!  what kind of wife is that!?

lol she's going to kill him in sleep lol

mM
kdw13 said:
I have not understood the Wii since it came out. First it was Wii Sports, which was a pushover because, if you want to play a sport, go outside. Secondly, I cannot count the number of times my friends would beat me in Wii Sports and then think they were something badass. As far as I am concerned Nintendo is good for kids. Mario just does not cut it for men. Two contenders: Japanese spawned Italian Plumber Hero or Super Soldier Aliend Slaying Machine Master Cheif. There are Two, count'em two games I would like to see for Wii, new Super Smash and Metroid. My honest opinion? Neither will stand up to a real game like Halo 3, plain and simple. You can wave your Wii motes point at your screens but face it, you can't be killing Covenent Horde in 1080i on that Wiik little console. The Wii is a phenomenon that has gone straight over my head. You guys can enjoy it but, I would like to know if there are others out there who dislike the Wii like I do. I currently own PS3 and 360. My PSN name is kdw13. I am awaiting: Warhawk, Halo 3, and Uncharted.

Yea you tell those 8 million madden owners that buy it every year to just to play outside, and tell people that play solitare on the computer to go get a damn deck of cards, and the people playing minesweeper to just get on a plane to Cambodia and sweep for mines.  Halo is a mature game??  Except that it has the most immature players in the world.  Just because a game is rated MA doesn't mean it is actually a mature game.  Games that make you use your mind in innovative ways are more mature than games where you simply blow up aliens. 

Around the Network

Montana Hatchet hit the nail on the head with my analogy and yeah, people do get over the edge over Halo multiplayer, I've done it with my buddies too. I am sorry Cadence, but do you anything really based in reality, hunt, play sports, exercise? I play videogames to have fun and my idea of fun is not some basturdized "motion controller". Why shoot a "wii mote" when I can just grab my air rifle and do target practice? there is a time for doing i.e. real things: outside. Then there are videogames, entering a virtual world and Nintendo making some gimmik to create the closest thing to a virtual world come alive blows via motion control simply because, they cannot reach that world with the wii mote. THe wii mote cannot match the dexterity of a human. The real route to making realism are graphics and communication which nintendo has not done. XBOX has Live and you can interact with real people and actually use some brain power to work as a team along with a mean set of hardware to produce good graphics. Playstation has good online features and Warhawk is a step in the right direction to match Live. Nintendo just will not win my heart with their sad little machine trying to create a realistic experience by pointing at the screen and shaking a stick.

johnsobas said:

Yea you tell those 8 million madden owners that buy it every year to just to play outside, and tell people that play solitare on the computer to go get a damn deck of cards, and the people playing minesweeper to just get on a plane to Cambodia and sweep for mines.  Halo is a mature game??  Except that it has the most immature players in the world.  Just because a game is rated MA doesn't mean it is actually a mature game.  Games that make you use your mind in innovative ways are more mature than games where you simply blow up aliens. 

ummm. if you can play with your favorite team and not get creamed... sure

Playing solitare on your computer is just for convenience, especially at work, kinda like playing chess on your cellphone when your bored.

minesweeper?.. thats just ridiculous, why would you have to go to cambodia just to play minesweeper....

"Just because a game is rated MA doesn't mean it is actually a mature game.  Games that make you use your mind in innovative ways are more mature than games where you simply blow up aliens.  "

i completely agree.... Brain Age 2 should get an AO rating... i kid, i kid.

though i agree with the general message you're trying to convey, i think you need to think up better examples.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

they are sarcastic examples, you play video games to have fun not simply to get away from reality. That may or may not involve doing something you can simply go out and do or not. For me if it involves skill, solving puzzles, or just having fun I will play it whether it's tetris or slaughtering people.

edit: you obviously didn't get the part about minesweeping. 

BTW if you're gonna talk about convenience, getting out a deck of cards and playing solitare is much more convenient than gathering friends and trying to play baseball, boxing, tennis, bowling, or golf.

johnsobas said:

they are sarcastic examples, you play video games to have fun not simply to get away from reality. That may or may not involve doing something you can simply go out and do or not. For me if it involves skill, solving puzzles, or just having fun I will play it whether it's tetris or slaughtering people.

completely agree

it doesnt really matter what stupid thing your doing in a game, as long as its fun and entertaining.

like mario world for example, you use a short fat plumber, you go through pipes, jump on evil mushrooms and turtles, eat mushrooms and flowers to gain power, just to save a princess that you never really got to meet in the first place.. on paper that sounds really stupid, like something a elementary student would come up with while dozing off at a boring class. but they made it fun. no offense btw mario fans.

edit: yeah i didnt get the minesweeping part.. what were you trying to prove exactly?

"BTW if you're gonna talk about convenience, getting out a deck of cards and playing solitare is much more convenient than gathering friends and trying to play baseball, boxing, tennis, bowling, or golf."

and that is why wii sports is popular, your preaching to the wrong guy here...

anyway solitaire is a solitary game, its a game you usually play alone when your bored or just trying to past the time.
plus playing it on a computer doesnt lessen the experience, so you get as much fun playing on the computer without doint the boring stuff of the game, like moving cards around.

wii sports? i would rather play tennis or bowling in real life rather than on my wii, i dont really compare the 2 btw, wii tennis is a game, nothing more, it doesnt really capture the true feel of a tennis match, but it is fun in its own way..... and a great way for people who dont play sports to feel like their playing sports... i guess

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags?