By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiisistance is futile, Wiimageddon is almost upon us...

Yeah, I will concede to iclimb4 final post. Ultimately it is what you think is fun and everyone can buy whatever they want. I hate the Wii because of the above reasons and nothing can change that.

Around the Network
kdw13 said:
Montana Hatchet hit the nail on the head with my analogy and yeah, people do get over the edge over Halo multiplayer, I've done it with my buddies too. I am sorry Cadence, but do you anything really based in reality, hunt, play sports, exercise? I play videogames to have fun and my idea of fun is not some basturdized "motion controller". Why shoot a "wii mote" when I can just grab my air rifle and do target practice? there is a time for doing i.e. real things: outside. Then there are videogames, entering a virtual world and Nintendo making some gimmik to create the closest thing to a virtual world come alive blows via motion control simply because, they cannot reach that world with the wii mote. THe wii mote cannot match the dexterity of a human. The real route to making realism are graphics and communication which nintendo has not done. XBOX has Live and you can interact with real people and actually use some brain power to work as a team along with a mean set of hardware to produce good graphics. Playstation has good online features and Warhawk is a step in the right direction to match Live. Nintendo just will not win my heart with their sad little machine trying to create a realistic experience by pointing at the screen and shaking a stick.

I can only assume you have appeared to pick fights while you wait for the chance to do the same over live in Halo 3. I hate to break it to you but on behalf of Wii owners everwhere "Stay where you are on on your PS3 and 360 games, we don't want you." If you don't get it than that is your perogative but for me every time I play Halo it is a a favor to my XBox friend, while I wait for us to turn back to WiiSports or MarioKart.  I like to play games with my friends. As  in the same room with other human beings, not some random online voices whose presense is at the mercy of comcast's shaky reliablity or a monthly charge by MS.

And if you don't like motion sensing be prepared for a real bummer when all consoles have it next generation. In the meantime enjoy the viceral interactive satisfaction of a keypress equaling the firing of a gun or swinging of a sword. 

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

iclim4 said:
johnsobas said:

they are sarcastic examples, you play video games to have fun not simply to get away from reality. That may or may not involve doing something you can simply go out and do or not. For me if it involves skill, solving puzzles, or just having fun I will play it whether it's tetris or slaughtering people.

completely agree

it doesnt really matter what stupid thing your doing in a game, as long as its fun and entertaining.

like mario world for example, you use a short fat plumber, you go through pipes, jump on evil mushrooms and turtles, eat mushrooms and flowers to gain power, just to save a princess that you never really got to meet in the first place.. on paper that sounds really stupid, like something a elementary student would come up with while dozing off at a boring class. but they made it fun. no offense btw mario fans.

I dunno i actually really like that description of mario world, makes me want to play it again.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

well there has been enough seriousness in this thread, how about this final fantasy 3 commerical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaXDdURmAOE

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

kdw13 said:
Yeah, I will concede to iclimb4 final post. Ultimately it is what you think is fun and everyone can buy whatever they want. I hate the Wii because of the above reasons and nothing can change that.

my name doesnt have a b.. -_-

johnsobas said:
I dunno i actually really like that description of mario world, makes me want to play it again.

ahaha! spoken like a true mario fan!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

I think that while the Wii lineup is more diversified, the 360 lineup is "better"
but I also think the wii lineup will sell better

Andrew, WRONG. :P

For '07 The Wii line-up already sells better:
   http://vgchartz.com/ayearly.php
+ http://vgchartz.com/japyearly.php

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

johnsobas said:
homelesscarl said:
I'll be getting Nights, SMG,SBB, Harvest Moon. And of all things, My wife wants Manhunt 2 for her birthday this year.

!!!!!!!  what kind of wife is that!?

LMAO

Epic post of the day

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

Cadence said:
kdw13 said:
I have not understood the Wii since it came out. First it was Wii Sports, which was a pushover because, if you want to play a sport, go outside. Secondly, I cannot count the number of times my friends would beat me in Wii Sports and then think they were something badass. As far as I am concerned Nintendo is good for kids. Mario just does not cut it for men. Two contenders: Japanese spawned Italian Plumber Hero or Super Soldier Aliend Slaying Machine Master Cheif. There are Two, count'em two games I would like to see for Wii, new Super Smash and Metroid. My honest opinion? Neither will stand up to a real game like Halo 3, plain and simple. You can wave your Wii motes point at your screens but face it, you can't be killing Covenent Horde in 1080i on that Wiik little console. The Wii is a phenomenon that has gone straight over my head. You guys can enjoy it but, I would like to know if there are others out there who dislike the Wii like I do. I currently own PS3 and 360. My PSN name is kdw13. I am awaiting: Warhawk, Halo 3, and Uncharted.

I have not understood the kind of people who say things like this. First, it was "If you want to play a sport, screw Wii Sports and go outside", which was a pushover because, by your logic, if you wanted to kill aliens, you should just go through a time machine, get a weapon, and start shooting. Secondly, I cannot count the number of times other people would beat me in Halo and then think they were something badass.

Yeah, but that was you losing.  He just has a problem when HE loses at something.  What you've never met anyone like that?  I mean playing a lot of videogames your bound to run into a few people who can't stand losing, will hate anything they are bad at and never play it again because it ain't fun unless they can beat their friends at it.  It's the same subsection of people who always claim they lost because of a glitch or because "The computer decided i wouldn't be aloud to make a shot for the last 2 minutes, or there was no way the wide receiver shoulda got that pass.

Also if you want a real funny example of popular games that people play that you could just do. How about

"The Sims"

We're all doing it right now! Yet people still like the game. (Why i don't know.)

I liked Aerobiz Supersonic. I however would not find it fun to run an Airline Company for free.