By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PSM Editor in Chief being Canned (

After the controversy of the recent PSM reviews of Warhawk and Heavenly Sword comes this:

http://www.psmonline.com/2007/08/24/exclusive-news/

Former Editor-in-Chief, Chris Slate, was spotted today in the PSM offices, sparking rumors of an imminent return to right the listing ship. “I have no comment,” said Slate of the rumor mill, “other than to declare my undying fandom of Sony and all things PlayStation… unlike some other editors I could mention.” Slate’s views on Warhawk and Lair are unknown at this time. Slate was then seen heading to the offices of the PSM bosses for what we believe to be showdown meetings. We will update you on this breaking story as we get more news.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Errr ... where in the article does it talk about canning someone?

That's... weird. Sounds like he was angry about something. Maybe those reviews. Maybe something else.

I don't see this as a rumor of anyone getting fired though.

Dolla Dolla said:
Errr ... where in the article does it talk about canning someone?

sparking rumors of an imminent return to right the listing ship...

Old editor in chief returning to head the magazine rumors.

I always find drama like this interesting lol. I guess we will see what happens.... or maybe we won't.

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network

Hmm ... so is the current Editor-in-Chief the one who did the reviews for Warhawk and Heavenly Sword? Or is this guy just upset that he allowed the reviews to be printed?

The current editor reviewed both games from what I understand.

ckmlb said:
After the controversy of the recent PSM reviews of Warhawk and Heavenly Sword comes this:

http://www.psmonline.com/2007/08/24/exclusive-news/

Former Editor-in-Chief, Chris Slate, was spotted today in the PSM offices, sparking rumors of an imminent return to right the listing ship. “I have no comment,” said Slate of the rumor mill, “other than to declare my undying fandom of Sony and all things PlayStation… unlike some other editors I could mention.” Slate’s views on Warhawk and Lair are unknown at this time. Slate was then seen heading to the offices of the PSM bosses for what we believe to be showdown meetings. We will update you on this breaking story as we get more news.

LOL.

We don't like unbiased reviews, will replace reviewer with a fanboy instead.

Nice ;)

(no doubt Sony wasn't very impressed by impartial reviews on some of its biggest titles...)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I second Shams on this.

Although to be fair to PSM it is a PLAYSTATION mag that is presumably read by PLAYSTATION fanboys. They don't want impartial or negative reviews of their system's biggest games. They want paeans to the greatness of every game fortunate enough to be graced by being on the PS3, and PSM seems to be moving to make sure that is what they get. Otherwise the fanboys will start reading SDF or something else that isn't PSM.

ckmlb said:
The current editor reviewed both games from what I understand.

I've corrected this in every thread and yet no one listens. He did not review EITHER game. Some intern reviewed Warhawk and another reviewer did Lair.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.