By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PSM Editor in Chief being Canned (

BenKenobi88 said:
Killzone3 said:

They getting rid of a dumb bias Xbot that cant do his job, makes sense.

His bs is hurting the mag, you fire those types.

They fire him because of people like you.  They keep you guys reading PSM...whether or not he's an "Xbot" doesn't matter...if you or other PS3 fans think he's an xbot, that's bad for Sony, so he gets canned.

Hey, crazy sony fanboys deserve a magazine as much as anyone else.  It's the free Market.  That's why the US has 3 24 hour news stations when there isn't even enough news for 1 24 hour news station. 

How long do you think a random Fox News achor would last if he started taking shots at Bush and all the other republican candidates?

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Killzone3 said:

They fire him because of people like you.  They keep you guys reading PSM...whether or not he's an "Xbot" doesn't matter...if you or other PS3 fans think he's an xbot, that's bad for Sony, so he gets canned.

Hey, crazy sony fanboys deserve a magazine as much as anyone else.  It's the free Market.  That's why the US has 3 24 hour news stations when there isn't even enough news for 1 24 hour news station. 

How long do you think a random Fox News achor would last if he started taking shots at Bush and all the other republican candidates?

Kasz216 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Killzone3 said:

They fire him because of people like you. They keep you guys reading PSM...whether or not he's an "Xbot" doesn't matter...if you or other PS3 fans think he's an xbot, that's bad for Sony, so he gets canned.

Hey, crazy sony fanboys deserve a magazine as much as anyone else. It's the free Market. That's why the US has 3 24 hour news stations when there isn't even enough news for 1 24 hour news station.

It depends...do they have any valid points that are related to a news topic they are supposed to be covering?  If not then you bet they would get fired, just like they would at any other network.  

Why do people feel the need to bring up politics on a gaming forum?  Seriously, nobody comes here to listen to people argue about fox news or anything politically related so don't even bring it up, its just asking for trouble. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

For what it is worth, the Warhawk review does seem pretty low compared to what other places have thought of the game. The important aspect about the Warhawk review is that so many people have already played a beta build of the game and have very few negative things to say about the game.

Lair may deserve the score, but that remains to be seen until more people get hands on time with the game. I trust Factor 5's track record, and like how the game presents itself, so I will be picking it up regardless.

Is this Sony overreacting to something that happened? Maybe. Was the guy in question somehow problematic and overly seditious against the PS3? Maybe. We don't really have enough facts to tell what is really happening.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Sqrl said:
Kasz216 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Killzone3 said:

They fire him because of people like you. They keep you guys reading PSM...whether or not he's an "Xbot" doesn't matter...if you or other PS3 fans think he's an xbot, that's bad for Sony, so he gets canned.

Hey, crazy sony fanboys deserve a magazine as much as anyone else. It's the free Market. That's why the US has 3 24 hour news stations when there isn't even enough news for 1 24 hour news station.

It depends...do they have any valid points that are related to a news topic they are supposed to be covering?  If not then you bet they would get fired, just like they would at any other network.  

Why do people feel the need to bring up politics on a gaming forum?  Seriously, nobody comes here to listen to people argue about fox news or anything politically related so don't even bring it up, its just asking for trouble. 

It had nothing to do with poltics.  It was just the easiest example that could be brought up that most people would understand.  For example, that countdown guy who constantly takes shots at O'Reily would likely be fired if he were on fox news.  Just how O'Reily would be fired if he worked for CNN.  Some networks will put up with more if you target one poltical party then the other.  Just how a magazine like PSM wouldn't take to hitting PS games hard as well as EGM would.

My main point being though.  You want your information from people who share the same viewpoint as you.  Whether it be world news or videogame news or reviews.

Whether your opinion be bias, unbias or outright crazy. 

Considering how much you blew that example out of proportion however I'd guess you'd be surprised by what political party i'm registered in and have been since i've reached voting age.

Around the Network

Also just for people to note, PSM is not owned by Sony.
I'm pretty sure its part of the 1UP network, but I cant be arsed checking.

Rath said:
Also just for people to note, PSM is not owned by Sony.
I'm pretty sure its part of the 1UP network, but I cant be arsed checking.

It's owned by the same people who make "The Official Playstation Magazine" in the UK.  It basically beat the one owned by Sony out of buisness.  Considering it's a magazine soley about Sony stuff however it relies on the good graces of Sony to have a magazine worth reading.  So they likely do have some influence.

More likely however it was just the head of the publishing company realizing that bad reviews for games that are supposed to be big titles is bad for the magazine as far as readers go, and with there relationship with Sony.

Kasz216 said:

It had nothing to do with poltics. It was just the easiest example that could be brought up that most people would understand. For example, that countdown guy who constantly takes shots at O'Reily would likely be fired if he were on fox news. Just how O'Reily would be fired if he worked for CNN. Some networks will put up with more if you target one poltical party then the other. Just how a magazine like PSM wouldn't take to hitting PS games hard as well as EGM would.

In this particular matter I totally agree with Kasz216. There is no room for bashing Sony in Sony devoted mag. People who buy it definitely don't want it.

Isn't this the guy who bashed home and trophies as copies of 360 stuff, and said that Microsoft would come up with something better quite soon?

add me

albionus said:
I second Shams on this.

Although to be fair to PSM it is a PLAYSTATION mag that is presumably read by PLAYSTATION fanboys. They don't want impartial or negative reviews of their system's biggest games. They want paeans to the greatness of every game fortunate enough to be graced by being on the PS3, and PSM seems to be moving to make sure that is what they get. Otherwise the fanboys will start reading SDF or something else that isn't PSM.

If I would be one of those editors and if a company forces me to loose my objective view on games, even though I work for a biased game magazine, I'll quit myself. Therefore I'd rather call myself "non biased". So I can criticize whoever I want and praise whenever I feel like.

I'd rather read reviews which are written from out of an objective and honest point of view, than that I have to read misleading interpretations.

Magazines such as Edge and EGM therefore have without a doubt more liberty in their approach.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo