By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Support The Dead Space Petition

I am creating this thread in hopes that someone at EA will get the hint that Wii owners do NOT want a 'on rails shooter' version of Dead Space. Just like we did not want a 'On Rails' version of Resident Evil, a Fighting version of Castlevania, or an adventure version of Soul Calibur.

A game like Dead Space would be very acceptable as either a FPS or a third person shooter. I speak for myself when I say that I would rather wait another two years for an actual game then to play another quick cash in. I know that I am not the only person who feels this way and others who agree with me can make your voices heard by signing this petition.

1. Michael M.

Give them hell for me.

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/category.jspa?categoryID=132

Around the Network

rofl you can't be serious

Who said it was a quick cash in? The game looks decent from the trailer, and a just because you don't like the new perspective doesn't mean it is going to be a bad game for others.

Some of us would be happy with an on rails shooter, I'd hazard a guess that more people would buy the on-rails shooter than the TPS, and would be satisfied.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

"rofl you can't be serious?"

Well, no not completely, but its important to send a message sometimes.

Around the Network

What message?!?
The trailer looks great, on rails games can be awesome (see Killer 7) and the original team is working on it (Redwood).

What the F is wrong with that?!? Yeah, sure people might have preferred a TPS, but this looks to become a quality product so I don't think there's anything to complain about.

... sad ...

Look...i wanted the game to be 3rd person just like everyone else (hell i don't even like on rail shooters that much) but to me the main argument here is just silly.

"I wanted a 3rd person shooter"

What can EA say? "We understand but we already have a good version of Dead Space on the Xbox 360 and PS3 with 3rd person view,if that's the kind of game you prefer go check it out? the Wii is different so we wanted to make something different for that console"

The only argument you have left is "well i don't have a 360 or PS3" and you can't really blame EA for that.

lol, soon were going to be filing this game being a light shooter as news bigger than FFXIII going multiplatform

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Well I'm glad it's on rails. :)
I personally don't like games like the original Dead Space. At all. But since it's now an on rails shooter I'm actually interested in it. Might buy it, who knows. :)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046