By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Support The Dead Space Petition

I am sad that they made a rail game but it is not looking to be a bad game, just different from what we were wanting or expecting. Hopefully they will see that we want 3rd person dead space on wii and give it to us in addition.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network
nordlead said:
blunty51 said:
hey i suppose everyone would be happy with an on rails halo, KZ, gears of war and everything else eh?
i guess this guy has no reason to complain eh?

halo went RTS and I don't remember the internet exploding in such rage.

Did Microsoft announce a "new Halo game" only to later reveal it was actually an RTS?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Aiemond said:
I am sad that they made a rail game but it is not looking to be a bad game, just different from what we were wanting or expecting. Hopefully they will see that we want 3rd person dead space on wii and give it to us in addition.

this is what people should be petitioning for. not some crap about canning a game that could be good and we don't know anything about it.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

This is ridiculous.

The game has a great team behind it, looks high quality, and pretty far in development.

Do you really think a petiotion is gonna make EA start the development all over again?

NJ5 said:
nordlead said:
blunty51 said:
hey i suppose everyone would be happy with an on rails halo, KZ, gears of war and everything else eh?

Did Microsoft announce a "new Halo game" only to later reveal it was actually an RTS?

probably not (i don't follow the xbox news) but EA never said it was TPS. They just said a new Dead Space, which most assumed that it was a port. If I heard there was a new Halo, I would assume it is a FPS, but I wouldn't ask them to can the game just because it wasn't.

Again, I don't care that people are disapointed, I just don't see the reason to complain and say you wish the game was canned, that EA should go out of business, that they are irrelivant, that they suck more than Midway, or are worse than Atari with ET, based on 1 thing. That it is a rail shooter.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Never said I wanted the game canned. But, why not just make it into a FPS?

nordlead said:
NJ5 said:
nordlead said:
blunty51 said:

probably not (i don't follow the xbox news) but EA never said it was TPS. They just said a new Dead Space, which most assumed that it was a port. If I heard there was a new Halo, I would assume it is a FPS, but I wouldn't ask them to can the game just because it wasn't.

Again, I don't care that people are disapointed, I just don't see the reason to complain and say you wish the game was canned, that EA should go out of business, that they are irrelivant, that they suck more than Midway, or are worse than Atari with ET, based on 1 thing. That it is a rail shooter.

Oh yes, I definitely agree. The normal reaction here is definitely disappointment, and I can understand a bit of rage for their slight deception. But of course a percentage of people always go a bit beyond reasonability.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

mikhal5569 said:

Have to change too much, prolly redo the whole thing.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

I´m a Wii owner and I do want an on rails Dead Space.

Aiemond said:
mikhal5569 said:

Have to change too much, prolly redo the whole thing.

They really wouldn't have to reprogram all that much.  Many video games have gone through much more drastic overhauls.  If it means the game will be more successful why not take a few extra months and potencially have exponencially better sales?