By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Namco: ToV and Tales of Symphonia: DotNW releasing second half of 09 in EU!

That's really good news. Hopefully DotNW will make 500k it deserves to do at least that.

Around the Network

GOD DAMN YES! I want me some tales games :)

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

maybe now they can now break even

mrstickball said:
Every person that likes JRPGs must buy Tales of Vesperia. It's easily the best JRPG on the 360 this gen. People argue so many other games that may be the best in their opinion, but ToV is easily the best on every level. No other JRPG has come close on the 360.

Please, for the love of God, buy ToV!

I highly agree, ToV has the absolute finest to offer when it comes to JRPGs. Some call it cliche, that may be. Its debatable (I didn't find it cliche at all). But the characters and combat alone makes up for any fault possible. Its absolutely amazing. Buy ToV if you havn't yet!

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

mrstickball said:
Every person that likes JRPGs must buy Tales of Vesperia. It's easily the best JRPG on the 360 this gen. People argue so many other games that may be the best in their opinion, but ToV is easily the best on every level. No other JRPG has come close on the 360.

That's good news, cause I really like Lost Odyssey a lot. The story is lame, but the characters are awesome. And the 1000 year of dreams is among the best storytelling ever in a videogame. Period.

But I'll buy both Tales' day 1. Symphonia is among my favorite JRPGs ever.

Around the Network
Squall_Leonhart said:
Bring ToV to the PS3 Namco then we will talk

This.

what a relief I was fearing it would never make it over here

How can you possibly misspell QWERTY? It's spelled correctly on the damn keyboard.

BengaBenga said:
mrstickball said:

That's good news, cause I really like Lost Odyssey a lot. The story is lame, but the characters are awesome. And the 1000 year of dreams is among the best storytelling ever in a videogame. Period.

Tales of Vesperia is very well rounded - more so than any other JRPG on the 360. It doesn't have the storytelling of a thousand years' of dreams, or re-invents the wheel with combat (at least from a Tales perspective), but it does what a JRPG should do, flawlesslely.

Graphically, the game is a dream on HDTV. Every time I turn it on my 50" HDTV, I feel like I'm watching a very good anime. On the technical side of the graphics, loading times are better than some JRPGs with the HDD installed - without installation (at max, load times are 3-4 seconds. After the 1st battle, they are all instantaneous. No frame drops).

Musically, the game is great. It's not the best ever (I'm a sucker for Nobou Uematsu), but it's up there with Dragon Quest VIII, which I thought was very atmospheric.

Story wise, the game is good, but not earth-shattering. What makes the story great is there's actual character development and progression. Characters' personalities change inside the game, and evolve into smarter people, while others flesh out their feelings of morality. Yuri and Karol are both on opposite ends of the spectru, but evolve in incredible ways. Yuri turns from being the steriotypical JRPG protagonist into a very mixed man in a wonderful way, while Karol, the steriotypical whiny youth is made fun of, derided, and beaten up until he comes a more tough, balanced youth character - a similar way that Kaneda (Akira) evolved from student to savior.

Gameplay is great. I'm 30hrs into ToV, and from what I've seen, I've missed a ton of side quests and optional story-buidling activities, and I'm only halfway through the game. Battle system is deep, and I'm still learning how to make my combos better. Item creation is fun, and battles are never, ever a chore. Skill sets are varied, and each person brings a unique set of powers into the team, although everyone will have thier preferences (Yuri, Judith, Estelle and Rita are usually the best combo, but Repede is a good mix-in for some quick, insane combos).

The game is probably the only JRPG this gen that's in my top-20 of all time. All in all, it's not trying to be the best JRPG ever, but it is among the best for most well-executed, as the game performs well beyond the flawed gems we've seen in virtually every other JRPG so far on the 360.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
BengaBenga said:
mrstickball said:

Tales of Vesperia is very well rounded - more so than any other JRPG on the 360. It doesn't have the storytelling of a thousand years' of dreams, or re-invents the wheel with combat (at least from a Tales perspective), but it does what a JRPG should do, flawlesslely.

Graphically, the game is a dream on HDTV. Every time I turn it on my 50" HDTV, I feel like I'm watching a very good anime. On the technical side of the graphics, loading times are better than some JRPGs with the HDD installed - without installation (at max, load times are 3-4 seconds. After the 1st battle, they are all instantaneous. No frame drops).

Musically, the game is great. It's not the best ever (I'm a sucker for Nobou Uematsu), but it's up there with Dragon Quest VIII, which I thought was very atmospheric.

Story wise, the game is good, but not earth-shattering. What makes the story great is there's actual character development and progression. Characters' personalities change inside the game, and evolve into smarter people, while others flesh out their feelings of morality. Yuri and Karol are both on opposite ends of the spectru, but evolve in incredible ways. Yuri turns from being the steriotypical JRPG protagonist into a very mixed man in a wonderful way, while Karol, the steriotypical whiny youth is made fun of, derided, and beaten up until he comes a more tough, balanced youth character - a similar way that Kaneda (Akira) evolved from student to savior.

Gameplay is great. I'm 30hrs into ToV, and from what I've seen, I've missed a ton of side quests and optional story-buidling activities, and I'm only halfway through the game. Battle system is deep, and I'm still learning how to make my combos better. Item creation is fun, and battles are never, ever a chore. Skill sets are varied, and each person brings a unique set of powers into the team, although everyone will have thier preferences (Yuri, Judith, Estelle and Rita are usually the best combo, but Repede is a good mix-in for some quick, insane combos).

The game is probably the only JRPG this gen that's in my top-20 of all time. All in all, it's not trying to be the best JRPG ever, but it is among the best for most well-executed, as the game performs well beyond the flawed gems we've seen in virtually every other JRPG so far on the 360.

What part are you in the game right now because if your only half way through then you have seen nothing yet in the actually story, It get waaaaaaaaayyyy better and has alot more plot twist.

Finally..
I want to play ToV!