By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Wii generation. History will judge the 3rd parties

So we are agreed here basically. 10$ and an old IBM laptop is the budget of the average Wii game.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

I actually hear they write Wii games on punch cards to save money.

Procrastinato said:

That is somewhat funny as the punch card era was the time with some of the costliest development times....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
Procrastinato said:

That is somewhat funny as the punch card era was the time with some of the costliest development times....

Huh?

Computers were super expensive in the punch-card era, but most of the software development done was very small in scope and very little was done outside of universities.

HappySqurriel said:
Ail said:
Procrastinato said:

Huh?

Computers were super expensive in the punch-card era, but most of the software development done was very small in scope and very little was done outside of universities.

Yeah developing any software took forever compared to these days so developing games on punch era card would actually cost a lot more...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

It doesnt matter wether we argue about wether HD games cost too much to make or not the fact is that no company is backing out of making these games on HD...they just keep on comming...while the "easier" way to make games for the wii is geting little to no attention at all...and the HD era did not come at a bad time at all it's actually pretty old to me already...I got the HD LCD TV...Got the Blue Ray...and Im geting my HD games...am I rich? NO...what people need to do is leave the past in the past and start getting the "new technology" already...if it was up to some Nintendo fans we would be stuck in NES days

JoHnNyFr3sC0 said:

It doesnt matter wether we argue about wether HD games cost too much to make or not the fact is that no company is backing out of making these games on HD...they just keep on comming...while the "easier" way to make games for the wii is geting little to no attention at all...and the HD era did not come at a bad time at all it's actually pretty old to me already...I got the HD LCD TV...Got the Blue Ray...and Im geting my HD games...am I rich? NO...what people need to do is leave the past in the past and start getting the "new technology" already...if it was up to some Nintendo fans we would be stuck in NES days

True....all of it

@ Noname:- Yeah i was talking about games like Fragile and Sky crawlers. There was a few others too.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!