By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Wii generation. History will judge the 3rd parties

Deluded, OP is deluded.

I just finished working out at almost 2 am. YAY! Sad thing is I though I'd be away from here for about two weeks but sadly I get a connection in the bloody mountains! Oh why did I test for a connection on this stupid, stupid ipod.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

This isnt surprising...The Nintendo Wii customers brought this upon themselves...if they would STOP buying all this Wiifit and all these shovelware titles maybe they would get some decent games...

Till then your going to be stuck with shovelware and companies porting crap over to the system...

No surprise. Wii owners are busy with 4 games (WiiSports, WiiPlay, WiiFit, MarioKart) no need for 3rd parties

Hey, at least third parties are actually making games for the Nintendo console this time around. There definitely were some on the Nintendo 64, but people were too busy playing first-party games to notice. Or they were playing Pokémon on GameBoy. Or they had a PlayStation instead. Same with the GameCube, except put the GameBoy Advance and the PlayStation 2 in place of their previous iterations.

Ail said:
LoL.

To me this will be remembered as the generation with the most people that bought a console without looking at its game library and then spent half the gen asking for stuff they like to be ported to their console.......( and complaining about every port because it's not like the original...)

i agree with your point of view, but you can't blame wii owners for wanting to have better games.

Around the Network

Well according to the IGN podcast, DS: Extraction has already been in development for a year so I don't think you can call it a quick cash in.

noname2200 said:
BMaker11 said:
Ail said:
LoL.

To me this will be remembered as the generation with the most people that bought a console without looking at its game library and then spent half the gen asking for stuff they like to be ported to their console.......( and complaining about every port because it's not like the original...)

Woah. You just summarized my entire opinion of the Wii...or just added on to it. My opinion now is:

"The Wii is the only console in history to "win" the generation NOT because it has the best games. And it "won" because most people bought the console without looking at its game library and then spent half the gen asking for stuff they like to be ported to their console.......( and complaining about every port because it's not like the original...)"

It makes PERFECT sense. Every new game comes out, and it stays HD exclusive, then they ask "Why don't they port this game to the Wii?"

IF YOU WANTED THOSE GAMES, WHY DID YOU BUY A WII IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Heh. Beating up on strawmen looks like fun! Let me have a turn now. *Ahem.*

"This is the only generation where people bought a console not because the games were fun, but because the visuals were so pretty. They then spent half the generation whining when the majority of people rejected their narrow tastes and values.......(and complaining that not every game is in 1080p).

"It makes PERFECT sense. Every time something shows that most folks who aren't 16-25 year old boys (and millions who are) prefer substance over style, they then ask "Why are people buying a console without any games?!"

"IF YOU WANTED TO UNDERSTAND WHY MOST PEOPLE DON'T GIVE A FLYING FLIP ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK IS FUN, WHY DON'T YOU STOP HAVING THE EGOCENTRISM OF A CHILD AND START THINKING LIKE A RATIONAL ADULT?"

.....well. That wasn't very fun. Since I don't see why you enjoy acting like you do, I'm going to assume you're stupid. Also, rather than pay attention to anything you actually say and do, I'm going to put on my Tunnel Vision Goggles, and only acknowledge things that enforce my point of view, so don't bother pointing out the numerous things in the above three paragraphs that are incorrect.

Once you stop using critical thought, objectivity, and rationality, the world becomes such a simpler place. But never a happier one... I begin to see the attraction...

MrBubbles said:
this is nintendos fault. instead of building 1 multiplat game, because the systems are similar, it now requires one game for the 360/ps3 and one for the wii. thats additional time and money that could be spent making 1 good game for everyone....but no...everyone suffers now. thanks a lot nintendo.

I, too, prefer having three machines that deliver the exact same games and wish they were PCs, rather than having a gaming PC and a console that's pretty different.

My new thoughts on Nintendo!

You don't see a tonn of HD console owner raving and rambling each time a new third party title is announced for their platform so it seems they are somewhat happy with their purchase...

I don't give a flying **** about Dead Space Wii.

I am just getting really tired of the weekly (dare I say daily) complains about the latest third party attempt to bring software to the Wii.

If they don't 'they haven't understood the gen'

If they do 'the game is a sucky port'

Guess with some people you can never win....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Wiis third party titles will be forgotten only the stand out first party titles will be remembered by gamers in the future.

Good games are remembered. Crap games that are on all platforms and heavily outweigh the good games are forgotten.

rajendra82 said:

But if your car only has enough gas to go to Wal Mart in your town versus Target of Safeway miles away (similar to how a lot of people can only afford one console), would your lack of complaining about them not carrying your favorite brand of orange juice (or worse yet no orage juice at all, only baby formula) change at all?

Then I would pick the shop that carries the most what I like the best.

And I woudn't spend the rest of the time complaining it doesn't carry everything I want but at least I would do a little research before picking one shop.

This gen it seems that a number of people picked the shop that had the biggest queue, thinking it would be the one for them and now that they are stucked with it they realize it doesn't carry what they want and it turns out those are the loudest on this forums ( basically it seems we have a small minority that is not happy with the titles released on the Wii but it turns out to be a very vocal minority..)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Im not trying to insult the Wii because it is a good system with alot of potential...but lets face reality here game developers are afraid to go head to head with Nintendo's first party titles...such as Mario and Zelda...

They always sell Multi-Million copies of their 1st party games....

While 3rd party developers sell in the millions too is not as much as lets say...Wii Fit...Wii Sports...or Mario...or Zelda...so 3rd party developers see this as a failure if they do not put up numbers that are on par with those first party titles....

What do you get in the end? Lazy Developers just trying to cash some money in by releasing dumb on rail shooters...or shovelware etc...

Stop buying the shovelware and this trend will stop...they would never release some exercise game on the 360 or Ps3 why? cause they know people wouldnt buy it...