By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (2/9 - 2/15)

outlawauron said:
FreeTalkLive said:
Ail said:

Not really.

I think Japanese title focused on the Japanese market have yet to demonstrate they will ship more units on the Wii than they would on the PS3( not that they ship a lot on the PS3, it's just that some think that shifting to the Wii for Japanese niche title will be more successfull and there isn't really a lot of data to back it up).

It's not about shipping units; it's about making profits.  A Wii game can less 1/3 as many copies and make more money.  Really, big name 3rd party games haven't been going to Wii in Japan outside of Resident Evil, Dragon Quest, and Final Fantasy and those games have been selling fine.  Sure, a good soccer series is on the Wii but it is always released late on purpose.

Please, please don't use absolute numbers.

Ok..so wheres a single absolute number in either of those posts??

Around the Network
Phrancheyez said:
outlawauron said:
FreeTalkLive said:
Ail said:

Not really.

I think Japanese title focused on the Japanese market have yet to demonstrate they will ship more units on the Wii than they would on the PS3( not that they ship a lot on the PS3, it's just that some think that shifting to the Wii for Japanese niche title will be more successfull and there isn't really a lot of data to back it up).

It's not about shipping units; it's about making profits.  A Wii game can less 1/3 as many copies and make more money.  Really, big name 3rd party games haven't been going to Wii in Japan outside of Resident Evil, Dragon Quest, and Final Fantasy and those games have been selling fine.  Sure, a good soccer series is on the Wii but it is always released late on purpose.

That a Wii game can cost less than 1/3 of a HD game. I bolded it for you.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Phrancheyez said:
outlawauron said:

That a Wii game can cost less than 1/3 of a HD game. I bolded it for you.

It may even cost a 1/4 as much.  Heck, a game like the Okami port might cost 1/6 as much.  The Japanese RE ports may cost even less.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

I wouldn't say that's absolute..its a rounded guestimation. Jeez..stop taking things so seriously.

He's right in his statement, which basically means 'It takes much less sales for Wii games to become profitable than HD games'. Can you effectively argue it? Didn't think so..no need to get upset by it.

Wo0o0op, wii is dying in japan.... there's nothing that will make the wii go up until.... MH??

Well, sonydomination in the top 10 (waiting for final numbers) at last. Psp gaining some momentum

Around the Network

wow sony domination..
but ill wait for the actually numbers

hello how are you.

Paperdiego said:
wow sony domination..
but ill wait for the actually numbers

It's gonna be the exact same thing.

Well that's it. The fad is over and Japanese 3rd parties are doomed for eternity.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

wow SF is no where as popular as it USED to be. A wii version will guarantee double the HD sales.. but that version would probably look more like SF EX series rather than SF4

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

i called BS on Capcom's "total sellout" when they said it, this makes it pretty clear it didn't sell out. Shipments at 116k for the PS3 version and it sold 86k.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X