By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Anounces Dead Space Extraction - First trailer included

Well i dont mind On-Rail Shooters they are fun, but i really hoped for a Third Person Shooter, something that Wii really need (and Dead Space couldve become one of the biggest wii games).

Around the Network

I'll get this out of the way so that I can enjoy the game for what it is:

*ahem* The game's not a third person shooter. Bummer.

O.K., I'm good now. Now that that's over with, I can clearly state that I am really excited for Dead Space: Extraction. Can't wait for some awesome necromorph blasting shenanigans.

Soriku said:
lol, how come when the Wii got some other on rail shooters I heard ZERO complaints but now when one comes there are complaints?

Fortunately, on rails shooters sell well on the Wii. So while some people here won't appreciate it, a lot of other people will.

Dead Space controls very similarly to RE:4, which most people loved.  That's where a lot of the disapointment is coming from.

on-rails eh? hmm, mixed feelings about this

I want to kill Bozon too

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

looking good. Hope the game has a similar atmosphere to this cinematic.

looks very good, now i will have a game to play around my bday. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Damn, I was actually looking forward to this... I guess I'll just get it for the 360 then.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The disappointment for me is that I thought we were getting a third-person shooter.

There is nothing wrong with making a on-rails shooter and this is looking great. But the Wii already has quite a few good light-gun games and likely more on the way, were as it has only one good third-person shooter: RE4. A game that sold great, and has a lot of Wii owners clamouring for more. But it seems like we aren't getting any more because of this stupid Wii=casual attitude of publishers.

It's the reason I am so looking forward Dead Rising Wii so much, I don't care if the final game ends up being a bit flawed because it's still going to be a lot of fun.

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - Spinal Tap

Soriku said:
@Neb

When did light gun shooter = casual?

They're 'pick up and play', which is associated with 'casual'. Nothing wrong with pick-up-and-play though, just not what some people wanted from this title.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.