By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Anounces Dead Space Extraction - First trailer included

BengaBenga said:
jammy2211 said:
BengaBenga said:
Can someone explain to me why they would like a FPS but not an on-rail shooter?!?
The only difference is the ability to walk (yes, that's a big difference), but you'll get much a more scripted (aka movielike) experience in return. That's not too bad for a horrorgame, is it?!?

I want the freedom and exploration, not just being guided along pointing at stuff and clicking. I dunno, after HOTD:OK it just seems annoying to have another on-rails, it's been done.

People probably wouldn't be disappointed if it wasn't a Dead Space game, the original was so great because of the level design and the way exploring the ship gave you this feeling of isolation. It seems to be losing alot of what made Dead Space great :/.

uhm, unlike FPS and TPS you mean?!? They've been done much more often than Arcade shooters. And calling them pointing and clicking makes me show you this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YePLMI9pu4 

Lightgun games are definitely skill based.

And since the original didn't exactly meet EA's demands it's quite logical that they try something different. Good games are good games, no matter the genre and from the trailer and the fact EA Redwood is making it I'm expecting a very good game.

This is only bad for the people who aren't looking forward to the horror aspects of the game. After reading that interview it seems that the script will be written for some really shocking, chilling moments which a lot of horror games are missing..

This

EDIT:

It is an on rails shooter, there will be no horror.

WAAAT? From a REmake fan like you I would at least expect to acknowledge the effect scripted events can have.

QFT!!! ...And ESPECIALLY @ the BOLD!!! What is unfortunate you can tell no matter WHAT they were going to do with Dead Space a few people would find a reason to pick it apart. I can't recall every game on a system being brushed with a fine tooth comb like this before...It's like the other console get ANOTHER FPS/TPS and people are like "IT LOOKS LIKE IT CAN BE GREAT!!! FIRST DAY!!11!!!"

...THe Wii get an on-rails hybrid and it's "OHHHHH NOOSSEEEE On-RAILS IS DONE TO DEATH?!?!? FAIL!!!"

But then again my sig wouldn't be true if this WASN'T the case, lol...

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network
senortaco said:

QFT!!! ...And ESPECIALLY @ the BOLD!!! What is unfortunate you can tell no matter WHAT they were going to do with Dead Space a few people would find a reason to pick it apart. I can't recall every game on a system being brushed with a fine tooth comb like this before...It's like the other console get ANOTHER FPS/TPS and people are like "IT LOOKS LIKE IT CAN BE GREAT!!! FIRST DAY!!11!!!"

...THe Wii get an on-rails hybrid and it's "OHHHHH NOOSSEEEE On-RAILS IS DONE TO DEATH?!?!? FAIL!!!"

Yeah but FPS and TPS are what we call "popular"  on rail shooters are what we call "15 years ago".

The reason so many people are dissapointed is because Wii has only ONE TPS game; RE:4 a GC port, and Wii has the best controls for TPS games, Wii is lacking good shooters that require skill, thats the problem.

The main prob imo is that people have a specific genre in mind when a new game in an existing IP is annoucend.

When the said a new Dead Space s coming everyone thought it would be having the same gameplay mechanics the franchise normally has. And i thought the same.

Lets imagine Nintendo anncounced SMG2 and you see the first trailer and its and on-rails Jump and Run. Everyone would think that this is bullshit because people have a predetermined imagination about existing brands.

And I say they rightfully have that. EA is only using the name Dead Space because it made so many people excited about a new game of the series. If they just had said that they are doing a Dead Space like game for Wii, nobody could be rightfully complaining if it turned out on-rails. But as it is right now it totally sux.

(I always wanted DS for my PS3 but after they said its coming to Wii I thought I would wait for that, because I thought it is the same genre. See thats what I mean with predetermination).

sventiga said:

And I say they rightfully have that. EA is only using the name Dead Space because it made so many people excited about a new game of the series. If they just had said that they are doing a Dead Space like game for Wii, nobody could be rightfully complaining if it turned out on-rails. But as it is right now it totally sux.

(I always wanted DS for my PS3 but after they said its coming to Wii I thought I would wait for that, because I thought it is the same genre. See thats what I mean with predetermination).

Actually, that is what Square enix does with Final Fantasy. At least EA is using the same universe.

Also, they did say they were doing a Dead Space like game in the Dead Space universe on Wii. They never once said that they were bringing a port of the game, which most people seem to expect. There was even a game in the DB named dead space, and I said I'm going to have to delete this since it was never anounced,  and I got complaints after that comment.

EDIT: oh, and so everyone knows. I'm not defending the game, just the outrage is rather over the top for something that was never promised, and seems like it could be a really good game. People just need to wait and see if it is good.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

SnowFlow said:
senortaco said:

Yeah but FPS and TPS are what we call "popular"  on rail shooters are what we call "15 years ago".

The reason so many people are dissapointed is because Wii has only ONE TPS game; RE:4 a GC port, and Wii has the best controls for TPS games, Wii is lacking good shooters that require skill, thats the problem.

The thing is unless Dead Space was going to be the END ALL BE ALL to TPS on the Wii, whos to say that there won't be a TPS of Quality on the Wii?

...I understand your perspective and many other, the biggest problem is people are ^&*! over this game without EVER playing/seeing it in action. If it's a sort of On-Rails Hybid as they mentioned in the article, why not find out if it's any good before we assume it's ^&*!

Around the Network

I wonder if EA would bring a true third person shooter style Dead Space to Wii if this flops?

puffy said:
I wonder if EA would bring a true third person shooter style Dead Space to Wii if this flops?

I doubt it. If I understood some comments I read earlier, EA was disapointed with Dead Space sales, but they think a sequel can do better. If this underperforms, I'm betting they drop the whole IP.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

puffy said:

I'd like someone to develope that gae while I'm still young!.... or within the Wii's life cycle at least.

If they chose to stick with this on rails crap I hope it flops long and hard.

sventiga said:
The main prob imo is that people have a specific genre in mind when a new game in an existing IP is annoucend.

When the said a new Dead Space s coming everyone thought it would be having the same gameplay mechanics the franchise normally has. And i thought the same.

Lets imagine Nintendo anncounced SMG2 and you see the first trailer and its and on-rails Jump and Run. Everyone would think that this is bullshit because people have a predetermined imagination about existing brands.

@ Bold: I agree. I buy this statement more as to the faustrations(sp?) of the users on VG. ...As with anything the more that comes out about the game, views may change, but the overraction is just outragous right now. =/

The thing about this whole situation is that i am more than certain that EA must have been flooded with emails during the last 2 years about what gamers want on the Wii. The same can be said for other companies, but all of them decided to actually do something against logic. Capcom with their Dead Rising port, Konami with their way of developing and releasing Pro Evo soccer, Ubisoft with their apparent lack of interest in the console and now we have EA who decides to make an on-rail game when most gamers just actually wanted a straight port.

It boggles the mind just how clueless developers can be at times...

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.