By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and Sakurai team up for new project, plan to focus on core titles

Rhonin the wizard said:
SmokedHostage said:
I'm confused, is Project Sora the name of the project or the name of the studio headed by Sakurai?

It's the name of the studio.

Thanks.

Anyway, it's good to see that Sakurai is back with Nintendo, I wonder if he's still doing that project with Suda51 and Kojima..  Also considering that he left Nintendo because of the circumstances of the development of Kirby Air Ride.. I doubt he'll ever be involved in future Kirby titles.. it's a pity really. :\

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

While that is interesting and great news - *yawn* - Let me know in 18 months when they actually have a game to talk about.

It'll be very interesting, that's for sure. Pity we won't hear about it in forever

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Soriku said:
I hope he makes an RPG or adventure game.

@ BOLD: I thought Monolith Soft was working on something like that they said?

sidenote: Tbh I just want to know what all the other in-house devs are doing at nintendo, lol

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Everyone loves Sakurai. His attitude reminds me of a hip Miyamoto, and his game programming and dedication to excellence are second to none. Can't wait to play anything he makes.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Soriku said:

From GAF...

"If one were simply considering effective use of funding, we'd have went with a plan similar to Touch! Generations. But that's not I wanted," added Iwata. "We want to make something that will be wanted even by the more hardcore game players, and something that offers new ideas."

No specific platforms are mentioned, although the release date is implied to be 2011. Iwata specifically states that the new company is not working on a new Super Smash Bros. game.

"We've started a special project. We're not sure how it will sell or if it will be accepted. Our goal is not just to make a single game. We can promise that you'll be able to experience something different."

I hope a game comes out in 2010 not 2011 =/

But those quotes are interesting. I wonder what game(s) they'll make.

The concern I have with that 2011 date is that it could be pushed into another gen if the next one starts in 2012 like alot of people are predicting. =p

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Wow a new epic IP from nintendo

E3 announcement I hope? !!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

So will it be a DSi game? Maybe a series of DSiware/WW games.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

hopefully theyll announce an actual game and/or games soon