By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Far Have The Playstation 3's Graphics Progressed Since Its Launch

HappySqurriel said:

@SpartanFX

Wouldn't a comparison of Resistance to Resistance 2 be a far more fair comparison?

Edit: On top of that, isn't the Resistance shot a picture from multiplayer? Don't a lot of developers keep their multiplayer environments a lot less demanding in order to ensure decent performance regardless of the number of players?

yup ,,you were right,,I changed it with SP mode.

as for being fair,,,it is fair.KZ2 is the most recent shooter on PS3 where R1 was the first one.

Around the Network

Like I said before, I think resistance 2 was a downgrade, graphics-wise from resistance 1 for some reason. But it doesn't have anything on KZ2.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

Pharaoh said:
Like I said before, I think resistance 2 was a downgrade, graphics-wise from resistance 1 for some reason. But it doesn't have anything on KZ2.

hell no

resistance 2:

Resistance 1:

in terms of graphics R2>>>>>>>>>>>R1

I don't know what you are talking about

SpartanFX said:
Pharaoh said:

hell no

resistance 2:

Resistance 1:

in terms of graphics R2>>>>>>>>>>>R1

I don't know what you are talking about

Ok well definitely not from these screens, haha.  My bad. I guess I just favor it more because of the vehicles, launch title, etc. I just liked shooting the hoses off the back of the chimera, too (can't believe they took that out).  Don't get me wrong, I play the hell out of resistance 2 waiting for KZ.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

ZenfoldorVGI said:
People, like me, who don't care about the PS3, and just have cynical eyes to glance at crap like this, can't tell the difference.

There are others in this thread with sarcasm like, "If the graphics didn't improve from launch until now, then something would be wrong"....but for you to say you can't tell the difference....

GT5:P vs. Ridge Racer? Can't tell the difference? Slap yourself

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
People, like me, who don't care about the PS3, and just have cynical eyes to glance at crap like this, can't tell the difference.

Those people can stay the F out of these kinda threads then .

gebx said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

You mean your not impressed that a 2+ year old console has new games that look better then its launch titles??

If this isn't news worthy then strike me down and call me a 360 fanboy!

*glances at the forum name*

hmm, awkward...

I don't particularly care for the differences... I guess all that effort is wasted on me.

Tease.

I can't tell the difference much on some of them aswell.
I'm assuming it's just the quality of the screens though.
Since people wouldn't be so hyped about KZ2 if it just looked like Resistance.
And I can't tell which FIFA is more recent, I'm guessing the left one, if so, they dulled the colors for realism...

Cheebee said:
Yeah so... what exactly is the point of this thread. :s Would be a sad state of affairs if stuff didn't improve over time, really. It's like making a thread: 'Trees, do they grow?'

It's not if they grew, it's how high they grew...

axumblade said:
The 360 fanboys have spoken, which means that the Ps3 fanboys just have to get more outraged at the fact that the 360 fans are wrong.

Ah, the inevitable cycles of VGChartz life.