By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Far Have The Playstation 3's Graphics Progressed Since Its Launch

Squilliam said:
I don't particularly care for the differences... I guess all that effort is wasted on me.

are you saying you don't see the difference here or you don't care for it?

here is resistance in dark environment:

here is KZ2 in dark environment:

if you don't see it you better check your eyes ,,,if you don't care for it then why did you buy HD consoles?

Around the Network

Not really from that picture, the issue I had with RFOM 2 was how it was so visually inconsistant really, whereas Killzone 2 is extremely consistant and polished.

Tease.

I like resistance better...
The alien looks awesome with the flash of the gun.
K2 just looks blurry.

^^^yup R2 was really inconsistent,,,jaw dropping at some places and exactly like R1(which means underwhelming at this point of console life) at some other places.Can't argue with you there.

It also pissed me off to start on essentially a repeat of the worst level in RFOM 1 which was the base.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
It also pissed me off to start on essentially a repeat of the worst level in RFOM 1 which was the base.

never finished R1 ,so can't really coment.

insomniac needs to up grade the whole engine instead of updating some parts of it.

and i don't care how big MP is.The graphcal differences between MP and SP in a game should not be this huge/noticable.

I think the dif is huge in my opinion. if the graphics keep improving at the same rate then the ps3 is going to be even more of a beast in 2010

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

KylieDog said:
KZ2 isn't a good example seeing as it sacrifices fast responsive controls to achieve those visuals.

R1 vs R2 would have been better.

you must be kidding about the sacrificing fast responsive controls....it was purposefully done that way to add sense of weight...also to movement as well...nothing to do with sacrificing anything for visuals....

RolStoppable said:
Don't you people notice the most obvious mistakes?

Ridge Racer 5 was a PS2 launch title. The idiots who made this comparison actually mean Ridge Racer 7. How can something like that slip through?

That was the first thing I noticed too. It's not even a typo either. They repeatedly call it Ridge Racer 5. It's little things like this and how the comparison pics constantly flip flop which example is on which side that show this was haphazardly thrown together. The fact that they don't even attempt to use similar developers, or even available sequels for comparison show how poorly this was executed.

Why would a Namco arcade racer and a Sony simulation racer go head to head when HD Concept could have been a better comparison? Why is Marvel Ultimate Alliance, an Action RPG, going up against a hack n slash action game like God of War III? Why is Resistance going up against Killzone 2 when there is a perfectly good Resistance sequel from Insomniac they could have compared against? The only two that make any sense are the FIFA and Motorstorm comparisons.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

My PC is way better than the 360, and the 360 has been out for 3 years, so of course its titles should be honed to perfection, yet Crysis looks way better than GeoW2, yada yada...

...just thought I would contribute to the random fanboy yammerings of the thread.

The PS3 has a lot of growth potential, just like Sony has always said. You could also say its got a steep learning curve, just like all its detractors (and Sony, actually) have always said. Anyone who honestly thinks PS3 games of the current day aren't a lot better looking than the release titles were... is blind. Blind fanboy, actually may be more accurate.

Hasn't the same been true of just about every console, throughout its lifespan?