By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Have Nintendo officially won this generation?

Yay, it's been a while since Wii Bingo!
Nintendo won, but if you ask me they did a hell of a lot more than that. The only sad thing is that if you truly want to get a console which has absurd support (like the Ps2), you'll have to wait till Wii2.
Does anyone believes that support will still be this split next-gen too?

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Around the Network

"Have Nintendo officially won this generation."
Nintendo has just about as much chance of losing, as the south has of rising again.

The Wii has won this generation, it's 1st place in every region, while 360 is 2nd in US, 2nd/3rd in Others and 3rd in Japan, and PS3 is 3rd in US, 3rd/2nd in Others and 2nd in Japan... it has a 48.9% marketshare, a 18 million gap to the 360 and a 26 million gap to the PS3... People that don't believe that the PS3 can pass the 360 also have to believe that the 360 won't pass the Wii...

For me, i believe that Wii is 1st, and in the HD fight, PS3 can pass the 360 but it needs some drastic measures to do it, and everything points out that they won't do those measures...

RukiSama said:

if you consider an enormous mass of people influenced by marketing and kiddy games, that continue to buy only the same 3/4 games as a winner.. yes they win.

but i think that the real game industry in another thing.. thant's why serious games aren't comin out for wii (i mean, something that is not just nice to see and easy to play)

[with this I dont mean Wii is kiddish.. is just CASUAL.. and the software market is the prove.. without Wii Sports (bundled almost everywhere), Wii Fit, Wii Play and Mario Kart.. look what left :/]

I immediately thought of Madden, CoD, and Guitar Hero.

@Linkz: LOL! You're pretty sharp.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

The fat lady finished her song about a year ago, if not earlier.

Infinity said:
Pristine20 said:
Infinity said:
It's too early to call this generation. Wii is in decline and may still fall from the top spot. 360 will sell less than the PS3 for sure. My predictions are in my sig.

you really think so?

I think it is possible. By no means am I predicting that it will LIKELY happen. We will have to wait and see how well the Wii performs, particularly next holiday season. Without a steep drop in momentum by the Wii soon though, or something else unforeseen happening, Nintendo will be able to call it.

crazzyman????? Is that you???

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

jesus kung fu magic said:
Infinity said:
Pristine20 said:
Infinity said:
It's too early to call this generation. Wii is in decline and may still fall from the top spot. 360 will sell less than the PS3 for sure. My predictions are in my sig.

you really think so?

I think it is possible. By no means am I predicting that it will LIKELY happen. We will have to wait and see how well the Wii performs, particularly next holiday season. Without a steep drop in momentum by the Wii soon though, or something else unforeseen happening, Nintendo will be able to call it.

crazzyman????? Is that you???

LOL The only consoles in decline are Sony ones so I have no idea what's in your water Infinity.

Yes Nintendo have this generation locked. Wii 2 will probably be what the PS2 was to the PS1 in game library, I wouldn't want to see a console have the same level of domination though.

I have a better question: were people still asking if Nintendo had officially won the generation with the NES back in 1988? Probably somebody was, but I don't remember hearing any of it if it did happen. I was too busy playing my NES to care what anybody said about it.

There's probably a lesson in that somewhere...

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

a long ass fucking time ago!!! what rock did you crawl under from?