By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Nice lots of FF users. Smart.

Around the Network

Yes, Firefox. And OpenOffice.org

I use Ubuntu GNU/Linux. Think Firefox's advantages, applied to an operating system.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

MontanaHatchet said:
Anyone with half a brain uses Firefox or Opera by now. Still doesn't mean you need to make a thread explaining why you get a stiffy for a type of browser.

I use MS browser, so what does that say about the size of my brains? I'm just not well informed about these Internet / computer stuff but I'm a very quick learner. So enlighten me about this, why is this Firefox so much more worth it and is it easy to download / install? I have Win XP Media Center Edition.

I hardly get pop ups either, everthing is being blocked, except of this website sometimes, but as soon as the browser blocks it and I hear the blocking sound, I close the window and I won't get the advertisment after all. Sneaky LOL.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Anyone with half a brain uses Firefox or Opera by now. Still doesn't mean you need to make a thread explaining why you get a stiffy for a type of browser.

I use MS browser, so what does that say about the size of my brains? I'm just not well informed about these Internet / computer stuff but I'm a very quick learner. So enlighten me about this, why is this Firefox so much more worth it and is it easy to download / install? I have Win XP Media Center Edition.

I hardly get pop ups either, everthing is being blocked, except of this website sometimes, but as soon as the browser blocks it and I hear the blocking sound, I close the window and I won't get the advertisment after all. Sneaky LOL.

It is SOOOOOOOOOOO much faster and safer. I know real people that see the change. The tab and favriout system is easier to use. There are many plug-in and features about Firefox that make it the dominate browser. Such as auto spell check, and built in phishing and pop-up blocker that out dose IE. Just give it a go, its compleatly free for download and no risk, see all the people that use FF or opera.(IMO FF is much better.) So get your browser reloaded today! :)

I've been using FF for about 2 years now and will never go back to IE, except at work where they will not allow anything but IE. There are just too many reasons to go to FF, and more then enough to drop IE completely.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

I use a Mac and Safari mainly. I boot into Windows when site-checking and that's about it. I would use FF for Mac but on average, FF is using around 450 megs of RAM while Safari is sitting around 250 megs.

Considering that I usually run Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and/or InDesign at the same time, I try to conserve RAM whenever possible.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
I use a Mac and Safari mainly. I boot into Windows when site-checking and that's about it. I would use FF for Mac but on average, FF is using around 450 megs of RAM while Safari is sitting around 250 megs.

Considering that I usually run Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and/or InDesign at the same time, I try to conserve RAM whenever possible.

Mac with Safari = greatest possible browsing exuberance. On windows FF all the way, I feel for the guy that needs it for work. You should try making a petition. :o

Opera > Firefox > IE

When I was PC I used Firefox. Now that I'm a Mac user, Safari renders firefox unecessary.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Yeah safari wpns, but for windows FF all the way.