By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
jhlennon1 said:
dtewi said:
Hus has been trolling forever Killzone, he is the troll. He posted BS about the writer's knowledge.

"Thats article is just opinion based on a lacks of knowledge."

He has no idea that's true. You took Hus's side because you disagree with the article which is non-biased, called us trolls, and defend Hus because he agrees with you.

What Hus said about the article lacking knowledge was true. Sony hyped all major PS3 games being released. They didn't solely focus on the PSP/PS2. After all, the FIFA 08 agreement was promoting the PS3, PES08 from Konami was promoting the PS3, Killzone 2 shown, MGS4 shown and played for the audience, GT5 Prologue shown etc...

LoL, why exactly would that statement cause them to ret rid of me? I did not use a bunch of vulgar language like Hus did, so please stop being retarded.

Insulting and flaming again. Bolded again for a mod. Regardless what happens to Hus, I can put money on the fact that you are getting banned as well. You are not allowed to call users jackasses or retarded. Simple as that.

Oh, so Hus can cuss up a storm and nothing happens to him, but I say jackass or retard(both of which are not vulgar) and I should be the one banned? Yeah, that really makes a lot of sense.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Solidar said:
naznatips said:
Solidar said:

He insulted the person that wrote the article and the original poster moron, or do you not know how to read?

Solidar, for the last time, stop insulting people. You will be banned if you continue to act this way.

Have you not read the entire thread? THEY INSULTED ME FIRST! So shut up.

It doesn't matter.  No one is allowed to insult others on this site.  Do you understand that?  Neither they nor you are allowed to call each other names or insult each other for having opinions.  You have called them jackasses and morons multiple times for disagreeing with you.  This is completely inappropriate.

Hus insults people at least a dozen times a day and yet he is still here and has over a 1000 posts...

dtewi said:
I did not take sides. Solidar insulted Hus and should be given a warning/1-day ban. Hus has flamed before and should be banned for continuing and flaming others like myself even though i asked him and Solidar to stop.

Yes you did, dont lie.

This is your 1st post after those two went at it.

"Hus, you are trolling. Do not insult people because they do not have the same opinion. Stop before you get banned. "

Why didnt you call out Solidar for his attack, you went after hus right of the bat.

dtewi said:
Solidar you did start it by saying that PS3 will fail and insulted Hus's opinion. You have continually been insuilting people now and you might get banned for doing so. Just stop right now before you get banned. Hus is not continuing on an neither will I. I am leaving this topic. Stop insulting people.

I never insulted Hus' opinion, in fact, I never said anything about ANY of his opinions. You might want to reread the entire thread. Plus, I can say the PS3 is failing all I want. That is MY opinion. If you don't like that opinion, too bad...

Solidar said:
naznatips said:
Solidar said:
naznatips said:
Solidar said:

He insulted the person that wrote the article and the original poster moron, or do you not know how to read?

Solidar, for the last time, stop insulting people. You will be banned if you continue to act this way.

It doesn't matter. No one is allowed to insult others on this site. Do you understand that? Neither they nor you are allowed to call each other names or insult each other for having opinions. You have called them jackasses and morons multiple times for disagreeing with you. This is completely inappropriate.

Hus insults people at least a dozen times a day and yet he is still here and has over a 1000 posts...

If he said something insulting, then report the post.  You do not insult him back.  That is never appropriate, and as I said it will get you banned.  If you disagree with someone, express it in a way that does not require insults.  

Around the Network
naznatips said:
ChichiriMuyo said:
naznatips said:
MikeB said:
I think many people are misinformed by the media and maybe some XBox 360 fans. Blu-Ray in the PS3 is very desirable as a games media, even multi-platform games developers have complained about the lack on storage available on DVD for the XBox 360.

And what benefit have we seen from this? Heavenly Sword is a 6-7 hour game. That's just plain ridiculous. Twilight Princess is a 40 hour game, and it fits on a 1.5GB Gamecube Minidisc. There is NO BENEFIT to this extra storage space. You want to tell me why 50GBs of space haven't resulted in a game even half the length of 1.5GBs of space? Blu-ray has no benefit to the gaming industry as far as we have seen.

Frankly, I think you'd have to be an idiot to say something like that. The disc size has absolutely nothing to do with the game length. I can make a 1,000 hour game on a single floppy disc and not even fill it up. That doesn't make it a good game. And, in fact, I'd have to say that HS is probably a better game at 6-7 hours than it would have been at 15-20 and it's somehting I'm more likely to pick up.

Some people don't want to, or simply can't, devote dozens of hours to a single game and still hope to play others throughout the year. The last time I played a game that lasted me over 100 hours it was literally the only game I played for the first 4 months that I owned it, and it was still the focus of most of my playing for another 6 months after that.

If All I have for gaming is 10 hours a month, I don't want HS to last 20 hours. Simple as that. Just because you don't have to work to keep a roof over your head and food in your mouth (let alone the cost of gas, children, school, clothes, etc.) doesn't mean I have the luxury of sitting on my ass and doing nothing productive for 30 hours every week.

That's funny, because the biggest argument of PS3 owners in support of Blu-ray is that it will increase game length.  Perhaps you should pay a bit more attention to your own side's stance, or at least find another way to justify blu-ray if it won't be used to increase the length of the gaming experience.  Heavenly Sword for example claims to have 10GB of audio in their 7 hour game.  Of course, you could compress all that down to small enough to fit on a DVD-9 along with a full game experience and lose next to none of that quality.  Is that what we are going to do with Blu-ray?  Just stop compressing things to make miniscule improvements in quality?

Not only that, but I have to ask, who the hell would pay $600 for something they are only going to use for 10 hours of the month, much less another $60 for a game that's only 6 hours long? Not only that, but if you take the time to come and post on a gaming site something tells me you have a lot more time than you are pretending to have.  Certainly you are the only person I have ever met who thinks it's a good idea to have less value in a game for the cost.  Perhaps you picked the wrong system, as most PS3 owners like to consider their game system to be one designed for core gamers.  

You want to talk about luxury?  I work 30 hours a week and go to college another 12 hours a week.  I pay rent, I pay for food, and I pay college loans all at the same time.  I am not going to spend my hard earned money on a game system I'm only going to use for 10 hours a month.  I am certainly not going to spend $60 on a video game that will only deliver 7 hours of entertainment.  Apparently all your responsibilities that you claim to have taught you that it's a good idea to waste thousands of dollars on things you hardly use.

I don't care what PS3 owners support, man.  Just because people say soemthing can be done doesn't mean it will or should.  For the betterment of gamers, games should NOT get longer because of Blu-ray.  Doing so merely cuts the quality of the title and often ends up making the game tedious rather than fun.  As I said, some people don't WANT to spend that much time playing a game, let alone those that can't.  Don't attack games that aren't super-long when they shouldn't be.  HS is not worth spending 20 hours on to beat once.  If it's worth 20 hours at all, then there are certainly multiple difficulties to play on to maek the game a longer experience.  But for the love of god, an action game like that shouldn't take so long to beat that most of the consumers won't do it.  Really, two hour long games like Star Fox 64 and 4 hours games like Resident Evil 1 and 2 are still considered to be among the best.  Size is not everything.

And have you been living in a cave?  I can get a PS3 for $500 at any store I walk into.  Where have you been, and how do you get Internet there?  I only ask because I genuinely would like to be a hermit some day and I should get these things worked out first, methinks.  Either way, you've got the cost of the game wrogn AND you're assuming I'd even buy the game new.  I won't.  In the last 3 years I think I've bought half a dozen games at retail price, and most of those were made by Nintendo (such as AWDS, the last game to really take my time).  I demand very high quality and replayability to buy a game new, and the only game even remotely clsoe to HS to ever delive that experience was DW4.  Maybe when 6 rolls around...  But yeah, for the general consumer $1 per hour of entertainment is pretty good.  Take a girl out to the movies sometime and see how the costs compare.  Granted, I've never gotten laid after buying a video game (though Shadow Hearts did get me a BJ once...), but in terms of entertainment costs it's not that far off from the norm.

And I assure you, I spend at least as much time on work and school as you do.  I probably get paid a little better, though, because my concern isn't about the money spent it's about the time.  Time is far, far more valuable to me than money.  Especially when it's my time.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

1. The PS3 is pretty useless as a linux box - low RAM, no GPU access, ect. Consequently, its pretty sluggish. If I open more than a couple tabs in firefox it grinds to a halt.

2. The PS3 may have tracked better than the PSX at launch, however it launched in Japan first, not the US/Japan launch of the Triple. Furthermore, the PSX was something entirely new and sold slowly at first - it was even outsold by the Saturn.

3. If you think the PS3 is going to be a "high performance gaming machine" for the next 10 years, then please share whatever the hell you're on.

4. The number of articles about the demise of the PS2 is nothing compared to those about the PS3, especialy since the "doom and gloom" for the PS3 has been in major gaming, and even nongaming publications.

5. Sony has never been very adept at software, which is part of the reason that these "convergance" options are/will be lackluster in implimentation. Just look at how bad audio playback is on the PSP (no playlist, no sort by, ect). If you are going to have all these options, especially as a selling point, they better work fairly well.

6. It seems like they dont have a set direction with the PS3. It's as though they are trying to see what sticks and gets them back on top or atleast imporves sales. I really think Krazy Ken bumbled this whole thing up, and now thats he's gone the new managment is trying to figure out how to save this trainwreck. I honestly think they have no real idea about how to counter the Wii.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Hus was insulting others as well. Good thing he had the sense to stop. Solidar, even though you have a low post count, you still could get banned. Insulting others is wrong. And you have done it. It doesn't matter who started it. You both flamed each other and you two should get banned.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

naznatips said:
Solidar said:
naznatips said:
Solidar said:
naznatips said:
Solidar said:

It doesn't matter. No one is allowed to insult others on this site. Do you understand that? Neither they nor you are allowed to call each other names or insult each other for having opinions. You have called them jackasses and morons multiple times for disagreeing with you. This is completely inappropriate.

If he said something insulting, then report the post.  You do not insult him back.  That is never appropriate, and as I said it will get you banned.  If you disagree with someone, express it in a way that does not require insults.  

I did report his post and have reported many of his posts...too bad it has done no good.

Wow this is out of hand now, I am done with this thread, I have made my points.

I will just add this. Solidar, any time you insult someone you are risking a ban. Doesn't matter who insulted who first. Calling someone a moron or retarded will get you banned, and honestly I would be surprised if you don't get a temporary ban. Hopefully, if you do get banned, you won't be dissuaded from returning. You just need to lay off the anger and insults a bit is all.

To Each Man, Responsibility