By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony - The Confusion

Sqrl said:
ceres said:

You know there's a quote button under each person's post, right? You can hit that and don't have to type @username everytime.

QFT

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network

Well written by dumb. Their bitching about what enough hardcore games and lack of PS3 support LOL. The guy who wrote it might want to do a llittle research and learn just how big Sonys dev capability is and that 90% of it is being focused on the PS3 and NOT the PS2 or PSP.

Thats article is just opinion based on a lacks of knowledge.

"Sony's main focus at present remains firmly on the PS2 and the PSP"

This pretty much shows the writer has no clue wtf hes writing about, and its right from the start.

albionus said:
Solidar said:
I have a theory that Sony put a Blu-ray player in the PS3 for the sole purpose of trying to win the HD war. I think Sony is more worried about winning that war than making the PS3 successful. Sony will make a lot more money if Blu-ray wins than they would on the PS3, no matter how successful it is. There are a lot more people that watch movies than there are people that play games. Plus, most people buy a larger library of movies than they do games...

It's not looking like that will go their way either.  They're in a catch-22, to win the HD war they need their video game system to sell well but including HD made it so expensive it can't sell well.  Winning the video game contest is pretty much out of reach now anyhow.

You are right. They didn't know that they would have so much competition from Nintendo and Microsoft and find themselves in a deepening hole from which there is no escape.

Hus said:
Well written by dumb. Their bitching about what enough hardcore games and lack of PS3 support LOL. The guy who wrote it might want to do a llittle research and learn just how big Sonys dev capability is and that 90% of it is being focused on the PS3 and NOT the PS2 or PSP.

This pretty much shows the writer has no clue wtf hes writing about, and its right from the start.

I was wondering when Hus would make an appearance to keep supporting the sinking ship that is the PS3. I honestly don't know why the admins on this site don't ban you already...

Solidar said:
I have a theory that Sony put a Blu-ray player in the PS3 for the sole purpose of trying to win the HD war. I think Sony is more worried about winning that war than making the PS3 successful. Sony will make a lot more money if Blu-ray wins than they would on the PS3, no matter how successful it is. There are a lot more people that watch movies than there are people that play games. Plus, most people buy a larger library of movies than they do games...

I have said since well before the PS3 launched that I couldn't see how Sony could be more profitable from Blu-Ray than from theoritical profits from the PS3; they probably make 10 to 20 times as much revenue from the licencing of a third party PS3 game than they would from the licencing off of a Blu-Ray movie. I honestly believe that Sony never saw the risk in selling a console for $600 and believed that people would line-up to pay it in record numbers; essentially they thought they could easily win the HD war because 30 Million gamers would buy the PS3 by the end of 2007 because gamers love the Playstation brand.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Solidar said:

I have said since well before the PS3 launched that I couldn't see how Sony could be more profitable from Blu-Ray than from theoritical profits from the PS3; they probably make 10 to 20 times as much revenue from the licencing of a third party PS3 game than they would from the licencing off of a Blu-Ray movie. I honestly believe that Sony never saw the risk in selling a console for $600 and believed that people would line-up to pay it in record numbers; essentially they thought they could easily win the HD war because 30 Million gamers would buy the PS3 by the end of 2007 because gamers love the Playstation brand.

Um, Sony would make more money off Blu-ray because all the companies that want to make Blu-ray products, hardware AND software, have to pay royalties to Sony.

Solidar said:
Hus said:

I was wondering when Hus would make an appearance to keep supporting the sinking ship that is the PS3. I honestly don't know why the admins on this site don't ban you already...

Ohh noes someone done not think like all the nintendo people.

ban them, ban then all Hail nintendo Hail fuhrer.

naznatips said:
MikeB said:
I think many people are misinformed by the media and maybe some XBox 360 fans. Blu-Ray in the PS3 is very desirable as a games media, even multi-platform games developers have complained about the lack on storage available on DVD for the XBox 360.

And what benefit have we seen from this? Heavenly Sword is a 6-7 hour game. That's just plain ridiculous. Twilight Princess is a 40 hour game, and it fits on a 1.5GB Gamecube Minidisc. There is NO BENEFIT to this extra storage space. You want to tell me why 50GBs of space haven't resulted in a game even half the length of 1.5GBs of space? Blu-ray has no benefit to the gaming industry as far as we have seen.

Frankly, I think you'd have to be an idiot to say something like that.  The disc size has absolutely nothing to do with the game length.  I can make a 1,000 hour game on a single floppy disc and not even fill it up.  That doesn't make it a good game.  And, in fact, I'd have to say that HS is probably a better game at 6-7 hours than it would have been at 15-20 and it's somehting I'm more likely to pick up. 

Some people don't want to, or simply can't, devote dozens of hours to a single game and still hope to play others throughout the year.  The last time I played a game that lasted me over 100 hours it was literally the only game I played for the first 4 months that I owned it, and it was still the focus of most of my playing for another 6 months after that. 

If All I have for gaming is 10 hours a month, I don't want HS to last 20 hours.  Simple as that.  Just because you don't have to work to keep a roof over your head and food in your mouth (let alone the cost of gas, children, school, clothes, etc.) doesn't mean I have the luxury of sitting on my ass and doing nothing productive for 30 hours every week.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Hus said:
Solidar said:
Hus said:

Ohh noes someone done not think like all the nintendo people.

ban them, ban then all Hail nintendo Hail fuhrer.

This just goes to show how young and childish you are. I never said that I support Nintendo or any of the companies. YOU are the one on here everyday making 100 posts everyday talking about how good the PS3 is and how Sony is the best and gonna win and blah blah blah. I got a big news flash for you Mr. 12-year-old...Sony has ALREADY lost, period.

News flash, you quted me for no reason whining about my post.

Some 9 year olds cant handle other people opinion.