By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The God of War III Media Blowout is HERE!!!

Slimebeast said:
Well, when they zoom in on Kratos face when he is about to attack those undead soldiers - if that was real gameplay it would be amazing, but it will only look like that in the QTE-sequences.

and you know this because the game will come out next week and you're tired of playing it right?

Around the Network

I think there's a bit of a mixup here,

They made this trailer a couple months ago and it's an in-engine cinematic with a snippet of gameplay.

CGI-Quality said:
@ jpes

No sense in arguing with him, he downplays ANYTHING Sony related, just check his post history.

Mostly - compared to the unrealistic statements from Sony fans, yes I do.

Anyway, if you and many other people in this thread are delusional and actually believe the trailer is real gameplay of course I'm gonna argue against it. So in that perspective it makes perfect sense for me to say that what we see in the trailer isn't very impressive.

This is like the Killzone 2005 trailer blowout all over again.

The QTE sequences (or whatever they are called, you're watching a movie-clip and click on buttons for the movie to proceed) of God of War and games like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed always look amazing compared to actual gameplay.

CGI-Quality said:
@ slimebeast

Go do some research, as others have already done, then come talk to me, otherwise take your usual trolling eleswhere, it's really sickening man.

No, you do it. Read IllegalPaladin's post a couple of posts above.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

The QTE sequences (or whatever they are called, you're watching a movie-clip and click on buttons for the movie to proceed) of God of War and games like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed always look amazing compared to actual gameplay.

God of War does QTE sequences pretty well. Other games that try something similar don't do it as well or make it feel tacked on.

The Force Unleashed is a good example of crappy QTE sequences, most of them are awkward and underwhelming.

God of War III is going to be absolutely amazing. I can't wait until this game comes out.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ jpes

No sense in arguing with him, he downplays ANYTHING Sony related, just check his post history.

Mostly - compared to the unrealistic statements from Sony fans, yes I do.

Anyway, if you and many other people in this thread are delusional and actually believe the trailer is real gameplay of course I'm gonna argue against it. So in that perspective it makes perfect sense for me to say that what we see in the trailer isn't very impressive.

This is like the Killzone 2005 trailer blowout all over again.

Seriously, just GTFO. How can anyone look at that trailer and not be impressed by something, animation, scale, graphics, music, ANYTHING. FFS even Kotaku were impressed with it. All you could do is fire your fanboy garbage. Go cry your fanboy tears elsewhere you pathetic troll. Why is this generation of gamers so intent on bringing games down because they don't appear on their console of choice? I am so looking forward to Halo Wars and Madworld, not only because they look like good games, but if these games succeed, then innovation gets rewarded and sets that genre in a new direction. Not so long ago this was all that mattered

slimebeast is obviously one of the 30 press people that were invited to the demo. I mean, just look at his posts. He seems to know everything about GOW III. Hell, he might even be a dev.

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

It looks great. Def. worth a PS3 purchase when it launches in 12 months

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.