By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Consoles are this eras PCs

Zlejedi said:
vlad321 said:
Branko2166 said:
There is more than enough room for PCs and consoles to co-exist. In fact I think they compliment each other. I love my PC-PS3 combo.

It seems like the PC-Wii is the win/win combination.

I'd say that PC+PS3+PS2+PSP is nicer :D

Through i still need to find cheap psp to finish mine.

I think the PC+PS3+360+wii is workin' for me.

I just upgraded to the Core i7 965 Extreme too. I think the consoles will be collecting dust for a couple months.

Currently Playing:
Resistance 2 Co-op (anyone call for a Medic?)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
F.E.A.R. (PC)

Currently Ignoring:
My 360 and Wii.

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
vlad321 said:
Branko2166 said:
There is more than enough room for PCs and consoles to co-exist. In fact I think they compliment each other. I love my PC-PS3 combo.

It seems like the PC-Wii is the win/win combination.

I'd say that PC+PS3+PS2+PSP is nicer :D

Through i still need to find cheap psp to finish mine.

Lol those are the exact same systems that I have.

Though obviously the two I highlighted I prefer the most.

Zlejedi said:
Barozi said:
@Vlad, if we compare last year's PC lineup with the lineup of any console, PC easily wins. No contest, and 2009 will be an even bigger year for PC.

lulz of the day.

http://adrianwerner.wordpress.com/games-of-2009/

1. the major lulz went to PC lineup of last year. It was horrible (with only some exceptions)

2. 2009 seems like it will be at least a bit better, but the link you've posted contains too much niche and Indie games (sry, but I only count fullpriced games). Besides that I doubt that 50% of the listed games will even break the Metascore of 75. Thank god they had the courtesy to add multiplat games at the end....

shio said:

You're the one embarassing yourself. Did you atleast check the games you're listing before posting them? Only 3 or 4 games on Xbox 360 and PS3 lists are adventure games. I think you should check the definition of an adventure game, or are you one of those people that believe Zelda is an adventure series?!

And about PC RPGs, too many to list, just check gamerankings or something. And also, MMORPGs are valid RPGs, anyone that don't include MMOs in the RPG genre are just doing it out of ignorance.

MMORPG is the fastest evolving sub-genre of gaming as of today. Now compare that evolution with the staleness of JRPGs and backtracking of WRPGs...

Most of the gaming community understands that Zelda is an adventure game.  If you want to go ahead and say that everyone is wrong and that you're right then go for it.  Just don't confuse the tiny world you choose live in with reality.

I didn't ask for a list of RPGs be a jerk, I asked for a list because I love playing RPGs and haven't had a good PC RPG in ages and currently Bioware's Dragon Age is the only one I'm eagerly awaiting.  I also hate MMOs.  The thing I love about RPGs the most is the story-centric focus and the thing I dislike the most is meaningless grinding for levels/gold.  MMOs basically rip out the story and add in yet more grinding so consequently I have a fairly passionate hatred of them.  I'd like a few more real RPGs to play, not MMO Grindfest #83.

Barozi said:
Zlejedi said:
Barozi said:
@Vlad, if we compare last year's PC lineup with the lineup of any console, PC easily wins. No contest, and 2009 will be an even bigger year for PC.

lulz of the day.

http://adrianwerner.wordpress.com/games-of-2009/

1. the major lulz went to PC lineup of last year. It was horrible (with only some exceptions)

2. 2009 seems like it will be at least a bit better, but the link you've posted contains too much niche and Indie games (sry, but I only count fullpriced games). Besides that I doubt that 50% of the listed games will even break the Metascore of 75. Thank god they had the courtesy to add multiplat games at the end....

Ill say it again, Starcraft 2 and Sims 3 alone make 2009 the year of the PC. By miles and miles at that.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
shio said:

You're the one embarassing yourself. Did you atleast check the games you're listing before posting them? Only 3 or 4 games on Xbox 360 and PS3 lists are adventure games. I think you should check the definition of an adventure game, or are you one of those people that believe Zelda is an adventure series?!

And about PC RPGs, too many to list, just check gamerankings or something. And also, MMORPGs are valid RPGs, anyone that don't include MMOs in the RPG genre are just doing it out of ignorance.

MMORPG is the fastest evolving sub-genre of gaming as of today. Now compare that evolution with the staleness of JRPGs and backtracking of WRPGs...

Most of the gaming community understands that Zelda is an adventure game.  If you want to go ahead and say that everyone is wrong and that you're right then go for it.  Just don't confuse the tiny world you choose live in with reality.

I didn't ask for a list of RPGs be a jerk, I asked for a list because I love playing RPGs and haven't had a good PC RPG in ages and currently Bioware's Dragon Age is the only one I'm eagerly awaiting.  I also hate MMOs.  The thing I love about RPGs the most is the story-centric focus and the thing I dislike the most is meaningless grinding for levels/gold.  MMOs basically rip out the story and add in yet more grinding so consequently I have a fairly passionate hatred of them.  I'd like a few more real RPGs to play, not MMO Grindfest #83.

Oh boy I was right, you are one of those that think Zelda are adventure games! Dude, just go check the definition of the Adventure genre on Wikipedia or anywhere else. Those who think games like Zelda are adventure games are people who come strictly from the console side. Most people do know that Adventure games refer to Grim Fandango, Sam & Max, etc...

And see, you dislike MMORPGs out of ignorance. MMORPGs can have just as much story and meaningful gameplay as Single-player RPG. See Lord of the Rings Online, which has an amazing backstory and takes great use of the LOTR license. And EVE Online, great stories there and the game embodies the true potential of MMOs with meaningful mechanics that makes no player useless.

Not that this happens often, but MMOs aren't a grindfests necessarily. Until you hit the level cap in WoW you really don't do much grinding at all and, especially in WOTLK, the questing can get extremely fun and interesting. There are just so many memorable storyline quests in there.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:

To be fair, 2009 goes to the PC simply because of SC2, Sims3, and Total War.

@frybeard
I fully agree. I laugh when the HD people say the wii sucks because of inferior graphics, shitty multiplayer, and simple games. When the HD consoles, when compared to the PC, have shitty graphics, HORRENDOUS online, and simple games.

The HD consoles also forgot why consoles are around anyhow, drop your disk in and play, which the Wii does. Right now HD systems already have to deal with installs, hardware failures, patches, rushed games, and buggy games. All reasons why a normal console was better than the PC to begin with.

@FreeTalkLive

3rd person shooters are pussy-fied1st person shooter.

I here ya, Vlad.

Anyone remember when console games were released bug free? It wasn't that long ago.....was it?!

Hardware failures, mandatory installs, game patches, crashes requiring hard reboots. *sigh* I don't see any advantage to console gaming over PC anymore.

I also agree with your comment about 3rd person shooters.

I remember loving the crap out of the first Halo (Split screen Co-op was awesome). Wanting more, people started to build up the game Brute Force as the next Halo or 3rd person Halo!

Bought it the day it was released. My brother and I played it for about 2 hours. Said "screw this" and went back to playing Halo - never to touch BF again.

IMO 3rd person shooters really suck.

Currently Playing:
Resistance 2 Co-op (anyone call for a Medic?)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
F.E.A.R. (PC)

Currently Ignoring:
My 360 and Wii.

shio said:

Oh boy I was right, you are one of those that think Zelda are adventure games! Dude, just go check the definition of the Adventure genre on Wikipedia or anywhere else. Those who think games like Zelda are adventure games are people who come strictly from the console side. Most people do know that Adventure games refer to Grim Fandango, Sam & Max, etc...

And see, you dislike MMORPGs out of ignorance. MMORPGs can have just as much story and meaningful gameplay as Single-player RPG. See Lord of the Rings Online, which has an amazing backstory and takes great use of the LOTR license. And EVE Online, great stories there and the game embodies the true potential of MMOs with meaningful mechanics that makes no player useless.

Oh I'm sorry.  I'm used to thinking of the Adventure genre is practically originating from games like The Legend of Zelda and King's Quest.  I'm sure you know better and are qualified to tell myself and the entire gaming industry that we're all wrong though.  Puh-leese.

I dislike MMOs because I dislike the fact that they lack the elements I enjoy the most and play up the elements I dislike the most.  Thanks for the recommendation of LotR Online but I'm not a fan of LotR.

vlad321 said:
Not that this happens often, but MMOs aren't a grindfests necessarily. Until you hit the level cap in WoW you really don't do much grinding at all and, especially in WOTLK, the questing can get extremely fun and interesting. There are just so many memorable storyline quests in there.

I watched WoW destroy the social life of a good friend of mine.  All I ever see the people who I do know playing it doing is raiding...

The definition of an adventure game on Wikipedia mos definitely does not exclude Zelda.

'game in which the player assumes the role of protagonist in an interactive story that is driven by exploration and puzzle solving instead of physical challenges such as combat'

That is pretty vague and could encompass lots and lots of games. You are using point and click type adventures as your point of reference. I would say exploration and puzzle solving in Zelda is emphasized equally and possibly more than combat.