By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are we all hypocrites?

Kasz216 said:
I'm not.... in this case.

The PS2 was better... and the Wii is better.

Though it'd be impossible to find someone who wasn't a hypocrit at somepoint in their lives.

Except... like maybe Jesus, but i'm pretty sure even he curses a fig tree for some reason... like just because it didn't have any figs on it.... when it wasn't even fig season.

Jesus was a hypocrite as well. For all his sermons and preaching on loving thy next of kin and loyalty/honesty he orders one of his disciples and best friend to betray him and have him killed. He also speaks up for Maria Magdalena when people look down on her for being a whore, while he teaches that premarital sex is a mortal sin. (Yes, it was about guilt and sin in the general populace but his intentions and teachings are highly conflicting).

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

Jesus was a hypocrite as well. For all his sermons and preaching on loving thy next of kin and loyalty/honesty he orders one of his disciples and best friend to betray him and have him killed. He also speaks up for Maria Magdalena when people look down on her for being a whore, while he teaches that premarital sex is a mortal sin. (Yes, it was about guilt and sin in the general populace but his intentions and teachings are highly conflicting).

Jesus never talked about Mary being a whore. That whole aspect of her character was added sometime later as I recall. Long after Jesus had been killed. I would have to do some digging to find a good example of him being a hyporcite, but I don't doubt it exists.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

A lot of people are hypocrites who change their opinion to suit their agenda.

Gnizmo said:
Mummelmann said:

Jesus never talked about Mary being a whore. That whole aspect of her character was added sometime later as I recall. Long after Jesus had been killed. I would have to do some digging to find a good example of him being a hyporcite, but I don't doubt it exists.

Indeed.  It's an old Catholic tradition... caused by proximity.

There is a prositiute mentioned in one Paragraph, and Mary Magadaline in another... and the two were just combined...

Largely because it was quite revolutionary, and really outright worrying for the early church that one of Jesus' most important followers was a woman.

I mean if she wasn't a prostitute what was she?

The first person who saw Jesus when he arose... and basically is shown to be... not only an important disciple... but Jesus' favorite.

The favorite disciple being a woman?  Kinda scary, and also causes some trouble with the Catholic Church being founded not by Jesus' favorite.  Leads to claimants from other groups able to claim they are from her line... etc.

Personally this is not comparing apples to apples. The GC had more power than the PS2 but VERY few games showed it. Most games looked better on the PS2. Second the power difference was no where near as big and 3rd the wii is not nearly about graphics as it is gameplay. The GC didnt really have much to differentiate itself from the other consoles apart from your hardcore nintendo games it was quite a pointless console to own. Everything else looked better on another console and the selection of games wwere much better on other consoles. With the wii nintendo focused on the wii mote and got a much bigger demographic

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network

Your a little crazy not alot lol...Since you really cant compare the 2...

Ps2 had both support from both sides...it Had Hardcore games such as God of War, Soccom, GTA, Killzone, Final Fantasy, Etc...and casual games like the ones you mentioned and shovelware...but they didnt MAJORLY go for the casual gaming market as Nintendo is doing...

The Wii doesnt get as much support in the sense of hardcore gaming...they have a HUGE library of casaul games that dominates over the small amount of hardcore games available...

Last Ps2 had huge 3rd party support where the Wii lacks 3rd party support AT THE MOMENT

Hypocrisy, thy name is you.

Anyone who thinks that the PS2 had better graphics then the GC is simply dening fact.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
blazinhead89 said:
The difference in GC and and PS2 graphics is nowhere near the PS360 and Wii Margin

This.

But since I owned GameCube last gen (2nd most powerful) and 360 this gen (ditto), I'll say yes, you are all hypocrites.

My God this thread is funny!

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!