By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Galax... OH. MY. WOW..... *passes out*

MontanaHatchet said:
So far, it's a 0 for me.

After all, graphics are not important. It's all about the gameplay.

God, you're an annoying person. You're the guy who gave Mario Party 8 a zero just to piss off Nintendo users, although you didn't play it, right? Man, grow up. If you can't stand other people's excitement for a Super Mario game, go see a psychiatrist.

I'd NEVER enter a PS3 / X360 game thread and post a lame flaming comment just to spoil the party.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:
gebx said:
lol whats mario doing to the bunny on pic#1 ??

From the look on the Bunnys face he is not enjoying it!

I actually have never played mario for the 64. Is that rabbit video some kind of spoof or actual game footage? Help me out here. Also, why in blazes didn't the rabbit run away when Mario was tired? Is he actually enjoying it?

It's real. After certain events in the game, the rabbit MIPS (named for the CPU architecture) would appear in the basement and it was simple to catch it and get a star.

The rabbit's movements are proximity-triggered, so maybe Mario wasn't close enough.

If you haven't seen it yet, get a Wii and download it from Virtual Console. It's one of the best and most influential games ever.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

top notch

This thread title made me think of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I think "My God, it's full of stars! *transcends*" would work as a title, don't you?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

It looks good , especially for the Wii , but I still think that the Wii can , and probably will show more . If the PSP can handle God of War , than Im expecting Quake4/Prey graphics .

Back to the topic : WTF is Mario doing with the bunny ? lol

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

It's a sad day in gaming when a game that beautiful gets released and people on the internet can not see  beyond a bunny rape. I expect  PETA  to react on this. First Mario is a furry, now this..

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

twesterm said:
Legend11 said:
The game looks amazing. Hopefully Miyamoto makes it hard enough (I thought I read somewhere that the game was finished but was still considered too easy so Miyamoto is currently tweaking it so that it'll be harder).

I would be upset if SMG was as easy as Super Paper Mario. I loved Super Paper Mario and thought it was an incredible game, but it could have been so much better if there was any element of difficulty.

I agree, SPM was too easy.  I remember what Legend is talking about.  It was a developer interview on Kotaku during E3.  One of the interviewers asked an SMG developer if the game was going to be challenging, and he said that they thought they had made it challenging enough but when Miyamoto saw it he went in and edited some of the code himself to make it more difficult.

naznatips said:
twesterm said:
Legend11 said:
The game looks amazing. Hopefully Miyamoto makes it hard enough (I thought I read somewhere that the game was finished but was still considered too easy so Miyamoto is currently tweaking it so that it'll be harder).

I would be upset if SMG was as easy as Super Paper Mario. I loved Super Paper Mario and thought it was an incredible game, but it could have been so much better if there was any element of difficulty.

I agree, SPM was too easy.  I remember what Legend is talking about.  It was a developer interview on Kotaku during E3.  One of the interviewers asked an SMG developer if the game was going to be challenging, and he said that they thought they had made it challenging enough but when Miyamoto saw it he went in and edited some of the code himself to make it more difficult.

Which the developers themselves then found it too difficult after Miyamoto had finished with it!!

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

Super Mario Galaxy has better graphics than many Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 games.