By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Obsidian lays of 20, Aliens RPG canned

Too bad, I was interested in that game. Ah well....

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
dsister44 said:
y would they do that doesnt there in house kind of suk (no offense)

Money. Have you been paying attention to financials? Everyone is struggling save Nintendo, Activision, Ubisoft and Konami.
Tons and tons of money is being lost in the video game industry, and lots of jobs are gone.

this really sucks. Its really starting to get depressing seeing so many developers closing down, games canceled, and people in the gaming industry losing their jobs.  The Aliens RPG could have been cool, though I don't really see how it would work.  was it in a WRPG style like Mass Effect / Fallout 3 or JRPG turn based style?

Obsidion did the sequals for NWN and KotOR... it would have been a WRPG and I think it was Sega's baby so they canned it most likely and the people who were working on it that couldn't be moved to their new IP got shit canned.

Who cares about the rpg, where the hell is aliens colonial marines? Its been in development over a year and we have buggar all!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

MMORPG market is hard to break into.

Especially with a sucky idea like an MMORPG based on Aliens. Far too narrow and niche.

Around the Network

Aww it's always a shame to know you will never have the opportunity not to play a game.

Slimebeast said:

Especially with a sucky idea like an MMORPG based on Aliens. Far too narrow and niche.

As far as I knew, it wasn't an MMO. 

sanadawarrior said:
Slimebeast said:

As far as I knew, it wasn't an MMO.

Yeah, it was single player. Feargus Urquhart had an article in OXM a few months ago talking about how single player RPGS > MMORPGs.

Too bad. Was looking forward to this game. Boo, Sega! Boooo!

they should do a 360 version of neverwinter nights instead of that stupid aliens RPG

Wow that sucks. Wish i never heard of it... since i didn't even know the game was coming out.

An aliens RPG would of been kinda cool.

Though really woulda been better through the aliens side so eh.