By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New God of War III info from GameInformer!

My god, this is going to be the best damn game ever. Big GOW fan here, as the name implies.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
sunil247 said:
uncharted's nathan drake was abt 35,000 polygon & Kratos 20,000 only?

But polygogns are not everything in making characters look good, from my understanding snake had less then 20k.

Maybe it's because Drake's hair has more than 15,000 polygons ... :)

This is side by side with MGS4 as the most hyped/anticipated games on the PS3 BEFORE the console was even launched!That said,it WILL definitely be a great game,might not be game of the year for the year it comes out.From my experience,it only has a .33% chance of winning it.1 of these 3 always happens:
1.It wins GOTY
2.Its unfortunate enough 2 come out in the same year sa a really great game,like what happened with GOW1 & RE4 or Gears of War 1 & Twilight Princess & FF13(13 I think...)
3.Neither it nor any other hyped,anticipated game(allow me 2 use zelda wii as an example again) wins it bcuz in dat year,some random new IP or sequel 2 an existing 1 suddenly comes out and DESTROYS expectations.
That said,this is definitely a MUST-PLAY for me.I'll beat it on a friends PS3 as I have no plans of owning a PS3 this gen.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Glad that the multiplayer rumour was false.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

bah 20000 poygons isnt really worth boasting about- uncharted :drakes fortune which came out in 2007 has all the leading characters in the 27000-30000 poygon range- 50 percent more than this and uncharted 2 will no doubt have a higher count than this!

Around the Network

I still say a god of war MMO would be great.

Zones said:

- Unlike God of War 1 and 2 where there are only 15 enemies on screen, there will now be around 50 this time.
- You can ride monsters like the Cyclops and "control".
- Kratos on the PS2 used 5,000 polygons, now he uses 20,000.
- They made the weapons "better" so it adds more variety. Like with a different weapon, you don't get just a couple different attacks, but a whole different play style.
- The lion gauntlets are called Cestus.
- Enemy AI's are a lot smarter. Some of the enemies will be "commanders" and control the other grunts.
- Enemies will look different, even if they're the same type. Like, even though the skeleton soldiers are in the same category, they will have varied looks, so it's not like everyone looks the same.
- More boss fights than GoW 1, but less than GoW 2.
- No multiplayer.
- Hades boss fight confirmed.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=927750&topic=48082446

OVER 9000!

Sorry, it was obligatory.

whorenraged said:
Zones said:
whorenraged said:
There was a guy from Sony, that stated that God of War 3 looked like JESUS!
We also sweared a lot claiming how good the game was and...
Did anyone got impressed from the video debut?
Me don't, the game's graphics don't touch Uncharted!

He was not from Sony and he never stated that God of War III looks like Jesus. ;)

Ok he was a designer from the previous games...even worse!

Here's the interview:

"When it comes to God of War III, it doesn't take much to get usexcited. With Sony barely revealing the game at E3 with a CG teaser trailer, we're already drooling all over ourselves not having seen a single frame of the game in action.

But David Jaffe, the designer of the original PlayStation 2 title, has and certainly he liked what he saw. A lot.

"I saw God of War III when I was in Santa Monica last week," he writes on his blog, "I [can't] and will not give away details, but I think it's OK for me to say two things -- HOLY HOLY HOLY F**KING HELL!!!!"

He then goes on to say that while he thought that Epic's Xbox 360 exclusive Gears of War 2 was as good as any next-gen game could look, God of War III has proven him wrong. (He also refers to Gears of War 2 as "the s**t," which is a more eloquent way of summarizing our own review.)

"This motherf**king game looks like nothing you've ever played," he continues, "and you can hold me to that when this thing hits, when they start showing gameplay footage. It looks like a painting come to life, it's that good looking."

What's that we hear in the distance? It's the hype-train pulling into town, and the conductor is collecting tickets -- who's hopping on?"

For this statements I was waiting something on par with Uncharted. Now take a look at the video:

I am able to see how undetailed is Kratos skin, the flat polygons on him, trees that look like SH!T, ridiculous water and so on...

I am hoping the game at least equals uncharted because PS2-like games I play them on my Wii... I didn't spent 400$ on my PS3 to have this...

I really suggest that you read makingmusic's post and see how badly you are wrong.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

This is excellent stuff. I'm a little sad about the number of boss fights, but other than that, it's all good.