By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games which have suprised you in this generation?

So which are the games that have suprised you in this generation (good/bad)

I must say Lost odyssey. I really didn't have played many JRPG's before and I had my doubts when I saw metacritic score for this game but gladly I was wrong. Lost Odyssey was awesome. More turn-based JRPG's please!

Around the Network

World of Goo surprised me by being awesome! I'd never even heard of it before I got it as a gift.  Portal and Braid were incredible fun too.

SW: TFU (PS3)

I expected much better tbh...

Bioshock: This game really surprised the J man becuase he didnt expect it to be his favourite of this gen and what really surprising is that this shooter had no multiplayer , no brand behind it , hype that is small compared to other games and didnt have superior graphics for its time and it still beat halo 3 , KZ2 , gears 2 mgs 4 , and lbp.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

No More Heroes, I expected a solid game and I got a masterpiece. Also Endless Ocean, I expected a 'screensaver' game but it's actually quite enjoyable.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Kirby Canvas Curse. I was basically anticipating a gimmick, i found a game of style, charm, and truly engaging gameplay

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Left 4 Dead

Honestly didn't think I would like it but after playing the demo it jumped to the top of my list of must have games!

No More Heroes, and Zack & Wiki

With no more heroes i was expecting just a good game...turned out to be a great one.

And with zack & wiki i didnt really know what to expect. But i saw it at $10 in Toys r Us and remember how people keep talking about it here so, i decided to give it a shot. Far better game that i was expecting

Assassins Creed

Didn't care the least until it came out and WOOOW !!! I had a new hero. Wonderful game.

Barozi said:
Assassins Creed

Didn't care the least until it came out and WOOOW !!! I had a new hero. Wonderful game.

Damn, it was the complete opposite for me.

I had really HIGH expectations, even claim was one of the games that i didn't want to miss (back in the time when i only had the wii). After so much time of waiting, my friend brought me the game so i could play it.. and oh my f*****g S**t.... boring ass game. Couldn't even get that far. It was so boring, and repetitive,  that i couldn't take it anymore. Had to give it back u.u

It's great that u really enjoy the game... i wish it was the same for me =\