By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Number 1 360 exclusive for PS3 is..............

That's a bummer. Left 4 Dead is like the best zombie game I played on my 360 so far. RE5 sucks because the controls are garbage and to me it seems as if Killzone 2 is another generic FPS when all platforms are thriving with them.

It's a bummer that ps3 players won't get to experience this game because Valve could make a lot more money and this game is really really fun.

Around the Network

Left 4 dead is a lot of fun. I play it on my PC quite a bit. I dont think its worth 60 bucks though, there really isn't much content.

I would probably not own a 360 if I thought there was a chance that this game would be released on the PS3. The game play in L4D is excellent. I wish Valve would begin to support the PS3 as well. They really make great games.

Note, the PC is probably the best platform due to quick patches, modding, and free DLC, but I really prefer to play games on the consoles.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Phrancheyez said:
Hyruken said:
I think if it goes to PS3 it will just be another shoddy EA port rather then done by Valve. The one thing i love about Valve is they are perfectionists with their games. So i already own it for my 360 and have no desire to see it butchered by some cash hungry dev trying to make some easy money by realising it half arsed onto another format.
However.....If Valve did it and did some extra things for it like new campaigns etc then i would pick it up for my PS3 too, i love the game that much :)

Um, I'm pretty sure at this point that can't happen..didn't Sony say any ported game had to be at least just as good, if not better than it's rival-console counterpart?  When's the last time the PS3 got a crappy ported game that was just rediculously better on 360?

There is too long a list to count but because we are talking about Valve i will just do Valve games

Every valve game is better on 360 then on PS3

Just to use Half-Life 2 as one of the examples it got meta score of 96 on 360 and 89 on PS3. 

Andrizzle12 said:
That's a bummer. Left 4 Dead is like the best zombie game I played on my 360 so far. RE5 sucks because the controls are garbage and to me it seems as if Killzone 2 is another generic FPS when all platforms are thriving with them.

It's a bummer that ps3 players won't get to experience this game because Valve could make a lot more money and this game is really really fun.

yea 93/100 after 135 reviews means that the game is genereic ;). don't comment on things that you don't know much about.

Around the Network

I wish it would come to the PS3...

I don't have a PC that can run it, and when I do get an Xbox 360 some time between now and the year 2020, I wont be paying to get online and play this one game.

L4D on PS3!

Hyruken said:

There is too long a list to count but because we are talking about Valve i will just do Valve games

Every valve game is better on 360 then on PS3

Just to use Half-Life 2 as one of the examples it got meta score of 96 on 360 and 89 on PS3. 

Every valve game being The Orange Box, or are there other multi-plat Valve games?  Regarding Left 4 Dead, the 360 port was not handled by Valve it was done by Certain Affinity.  L4D could easily be ported to the PS3 and would run as well if not better than the 360 port.  The 360 has some pretty bad slow down and long loading times.  Also, EA has adopted the PS3 as the lead platform for its games, so I assume they have developed some pretty good in-house expertise.  Just look at Burnout, Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, or Madden 2009 for reference.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Sounds like an angry fanboy that needs to come with terms Sony screwed him by making a machine that is hard to dev for and is not the market leader

Sure people might not want to dev for the wii but since it is market leader they cant turn away from that money for very long

However since the ps3 is so hard (at least according to Sony) no many people want to take the time and money it would require to make a game and further since Sony is in last place the return on such a game is not very promising…..

Hopefully Sony will learn from their mistake and make the ps4 more approachable from a devs stand point

Think of it like this the ps3 and the cell are like Everest—sure you will have some people that can climb to the top and bask in that glory, but most will see it and say I cant make that climb, or I don’t want to, when I have a smaller mountain over here……and from that you will have anger and angst

mesoteto said:
Sounds like an angry fanboy that needs to come with terms Sony screwed him by making a machine that is hard to dev for and is not the market leader

Sure people might not want to dev for the wii but since it is market leader they cant turn away from that money for very long

However since the ps3 is so hard (at least according to Sony) no many people want to take the time and money it would require to make a game and further since Sony is in last place the return on such a game is not very promising…..

Hopefully Sony will learn from their mistake and make the ps4 more approachable from a devs stand point

Think of it like this the ps3 and the cell are like Everest—sure you will have some people that can climb to the top and bask in that glory, but most will see it and say I cant make that climb, or I don’t want to, when I have a smaller mountain over here……and from that you will have anger and angst

you wrote a wall of text but you missed the simple point that EA will do the port if it happens and they have become quite familiar with PS3 in the past year.hell PS3 is their lead platform in most of their recent projects meaning that they have some good tools for PS3.

My most wanted third parties on PS3:
- Star Ocean 4
- Tales of Vesperia
- Ninja Gaiden 2

sorry but Left for Dead is not hottly anticipated by Ps3 owners, it might be a great game, but when it was announced to be only a 360 game no meltdown occured,,, Star ocean 4 exclusivity made people hang themselves :)

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)