By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The best cell phone company is....?

I wonder if people my age have also have never owned a cell phone ever.

lol

Around the Network

I like the rollover deal the best so that is AT&T only right? I have an older phone but I hardly use it. Maybe post graduation I'll get a future version of the BlackBerry as I am biz oriented.

I have T-Mobile, but I think Verizon is the strongest at this point.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Cellular South isn't bad.

50 bucks a month for free peer to peer, 300 minutes, unlimited text and data, and they gave me a free Blackberry for signing up(none of that rebate bullshit). I've never been out of signal, or where I couldn't pull up my wireless network.

Can't ask for much better than that.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

quarashi said:
That Guy said:
halogamer1989 said:

What is the best cell provider, iyo?  I have Sprint and they seem bullish with their ever increasing fees.  Anyone else share this view?

Really? I give sprint a lot of love. Their phones (i.e. the Instinct or the Rant) are seem to be pretty good. Where I work, (anecdotally), Sprint outsells ATT by a margin of around 2:1.

Sprint is cheaper than ATT, has night minutes starting at 7 PM as opposed to 9 PM, and has a way nicer (and hotter) sales rep.

In my experience, the max deposit you have to put down is 150 dollars (as opposed to some insane numbers like 700 dollars for ATT) and our rep will waive activation fees without thinking twice about it if we ask her.

I was under the impression that if you sign a contract, then you're price protected for 2 years

Weird because on my AT & T plan, I get free after 7 PM and weekends.  I guess it really comes down to where you live.  Because I have never heard of crazy deposit numbers either.

Part of it is the market.

ATT has rollover minutes, Sprint does not. Where I am (west coast) that's how it works; 7 Pm for sprint, 9 Pm for ATT. 

Verizon owns all or part of alltell, Sprint leases Verizon's lines, so Sprint pretty much has the same reception as Verizon, plus some since Sprint also has some lines of their own.

As far as deposits go, a lot of people come in to get a cell phone. Some have to put down like a 700 dollar deposit; which is ATT's polite way of saying "F you, your credit sucks." Why get  a free phone with a 700 deposit when you could just buy it outright for 300 dollars and go month to month?

Around the Network
That Guy said:
quarashi said:
That Guy said:
halogamer1989 said:

What is the best cell provider, iyo?  I have Sprint and they seem bullish with their ever increasing fees.  Anyone else share this view?

Really? I give sprint a lot of love. Their phones (i.e. the Instinct or the Rant) are seem to be pretty good. Where I work, (anecdotally), Sprint outsells ATT by a margin of around 2:1.

Sprint is cheaper than ATT, has night minutes starting at 7 PM as opposed to 9 PM, and has a way nicer (and hotter) sales rep.

In my experience, the max deposit you have to put down is 150 dollars (as opposed to some insane numbers like 700 dollars for ATT) and our rep will waive activation fees without thinking twice about it if we ask her.

I was under the impression that if you sign a contract, then you're price protected for 2 years

Weird because on my AT & T plan, I get free after 7 PM and weekends.  I guess it really comes down to where you live.  Because I have never heard of crazy deposit numbers either.

Part of it is the market.

ATT has rollover minutes, Sprint does not. Where I am (west coast) that's how it works; 7 Pm for sprint, 9 Pm for ATT. 

Verizon owns all or part of alltell, Sprint leases Verizon's lines, so Sprint pretty much has the same reception as Verizon, plus some since Sprint also has some lines of their own.

As far as deposits go, a lot of people come in to get a cell phone. Some have to put down like a 700 dollar deposit; which is ATT's polite way of saying "F you, your credit sucks." Why get  a free phone with a 700 deposit when you could just buy it outright for 300 dollars and go month to month?

That is how my service is-- after 7 and weekends.

east coast is probably different over there then