By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Coming To PS3: When, Not If

Bitmap Frogs said:
Thrillhouse said:
How is this game a trump card?

Because it will sell extremely well.

From our good friend Wikipedia:

In other contexts, the term trump card can refer to any sort of action, authority, or policy which automatically prevails over all others.

That is not this game.

But I'll agree if it ever did come come out. It would sell extremely well. 

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Around the Network
Thrillhouse said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Thrillhouse said:
How is this game a trump card?

Because it will sell extremely well.

From our good friend Wikipedia:

In other contexts, the term trump card can refer to any sort of action, authority, or policy which automatically prevails over all others.

That is not this game.

But I'll agree if it ever did come come out. It would sell extremely well. 

Failed memes T_T

It is a finantial trump card! You bet it'd automatically prevail over japanese sales =D

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

never understood the huge fandom over a remake of FF7. It was a great game and I can still play it and I know the story. All you HUGE Fanboys also know the story as well.

So why have a remake of the game. I would prefer a FF14 or whatever number is being delayed or whatever for some REMAKE to be made.

Just like Zelda or other games. I loved Ocarina of Time and others, but would never pick a OoT remake over a new Zelda ever.

I see it more as a PSP2 remake and then 3-4 years after that another remake may be made for a couple of the consoles of next generation.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Tbone said:
I really hope so maybe ps4 launch game.

*looks at PS3's 10 year plan*

Yikes... that's like 2016...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Well, a remake of FF7 for the ps3 would be a great move from S-E part, especially since the biggest fanbase of this game is in the japanese market, followed closely by the european market (we got FF6 very very late in the snes lifetime), so it would have very big sales. Even if it comes to both HD consoles, it would be huge as well.
Now IMO i would like this remake to be in a HD console, don't take this in the wrong way, i love my Wii, but since nintendo is getting all the remakes from past FF's, then i believe it's time that the FF's that didn't come out for a nintendo console, to stick in the HD format if they are remade.
Also secretly hoping for a FF8 remake for the PS3 and a FF9 as well XD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

You realize with FFXIII 2010, and Versus maybe 2011, and us not having anything more than speculation, that we wouldn't see it until at least 2013? You know, mid way through the 720 and PS4.

Anyways, the OP is just baseless speculation.

It's not confirmed to even happening this gen, it's not even confirmed it'll be available on the ps3. Viral posters suck =/

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Lets look at the patterns

Square Enix has been remaking all the main series FF games on the DS
Square-Enix is moving away from the playstation family and towards the Nintendo family

Therefore the FFVII remake could only be on the PS3

Somehow your logic fails

scottie said:
Lets look at the patterns

Square Enix has been remaking all the main series FF games on the DS
Square-Enix is moving away from the playstation family and towards the Nintendo family

Therefore the FFVII remake could only be on the PS3

Somehow your logic fails

Yeah well. You're wrong. Because the title already by-pass the "if". Hence, your arguments are invalid.

Leave facts out of this discussion, man.