By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Coming To PS3: When, Not If

SE will do it sooner or later, i dont know is it going to be this generation or even Sony Console. But they love their remakes with passion so thats inevitable, and thats what ruins that company they lack creativity and do not produce enough games like TWEWY but remakes.

But FF VII will be milked even more before they remake it, we had a movie, PSP game, Snowboarding there are loads of possiblities left.

And to conclude, there are no guarantees that such remake will appear as a PS3 or PS4 exclusive it could go to any console and had some sort of impact, but in the end Remake of FF wont suddenly change the fortunes of one console.

Around the Network

I'd say it will be done after FF XIII versus is finished but it'll release for both X360/PS3.
That's probably the only way they can get another big FF game into this generation in time.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Lolcislaw said:
SE will do it sooner or later, i dont know is it going to be this generation or even Sony Console. But they love their remakes with passion so thats inevitable, and thats what ruins that company they lack creativity and do not produce enough games like TWEWY but remakes.

But FF VII will be milked even more before they remake it, we had a movie, PSP game, Snowboarding there are loads of possiblities left.

And to conclude, there are no guarantees that such remake will appear as a PS3 or PS4 exclusive it could go to any console and had some sort of impact, but in the end Remake of FF wont suddenly change the fortunes of one console.

It's the biggest trump card they still haven't used.

You bet they will be very careful in order to maximize its finantial potential.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Well, they don't go with a lot of original IPs since their remakes make them a lot more money. Hell, I'd be dishing out remake/ports a lot, too, if they sold a lot like they have been doing.

MasterVG71782 said:
Well, they don't go with a lot of original IPs since their remakes make them a lot more money. Hell, I'd be dishing out remake/ports a lot, too, if they sold a lot like they have been doing.

Yeah, can't blame them. Of course, they will run out of things to remake eventually.

One would think, anyway!

Around the Network

How is this game a trump card?

FFVII was a good game, but think about it.
It's still a remake.

It's like watching an old movie in hi-def.
"Wow, that looks great... but its still old"
I have a great love of older games, because I was alive when most of them were actually new. =) And that's just it.
I like playing the original.
And when they re-release a game for a new platform with new content,
that's great and all, but I don't see how THAT makes it THE MUST HAVE GAME.
You've played the core game. You know the plot.
Are people really gonna shell out $60 to watch Aeris die in a nicer looking polygon model in hi-def?
Sure, some will... but I'll watch the cutscenes on Youtube.
I much rather want new games.

I think a much better announcement for Sony after FFXIII comes out,
is that FFXIV is right on its heels.

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

From my opinion, I really don't think that the sales of FF 7 remake (if there will be one) will surpass the original.

I want an INNOVATION not an IMITATION

PS3 or Xbox 360?

Soon to buy one ^_^

Honestly, if the game is to be remade, it will be remade with the idea of attracting newcomers in mind.

Let's face it; not every PS1 player that has already played FFVII will buy the remake...that is just a fact.

Now if Square wants to make money, they have to cautious with that idea.

So how will they remake the game while trying to get newcomers? That I leave up to them.

Let's just say that (1) I haven't played the game and (2) I want to play the game and (3) I just don't want to spend that much money.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Thrillhouse said:
How is this game a trump card?

Because it will sell extremely well.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I really hope so maybe ps4 launch game.